Thread: What does DIY mean?

Default What does DIY mean?

Strange question, not really advice, but I was wondering what people's idea of a DIY Wedding was?

I think of it as not paying a wedding planner to organise a wedding for you (so sourcing your own suppliers) and making/designing/choosing your own decorations, which I think most people do unless they are super rich??? I guess you could also add on having a friend make the cake and do the flowers as well?

However, people seem to talk about it like its a really big deal, so I was thinking I must have it wrong?

Administrator

Good question! I’d say it can mean anything on a broad spectrum, all the way from making your own decorations – as we showed you at in our pumpkin wedding centrepiece tutorial – to, yes, just organising stuff yourself rather than having a coordinator make it. It’s often something you think about when booking a ‘blank canvas’ venue, where you have to dress the space yourself – sometimes with the help of the team there – rather than going into a more formal venue such as a hotel or castle.