Thread: Scottish Portrait

Default Scottish Portrait

I'm having a bit of a nightmare on selecting a photographer, but recently got a quote from Scottish Portrait. I can't seem to find much about them online (googling the company name brings up lots of things from the national gallery!) and was wondering if anyone has used them before? Any advice would be greatly received as I'm feeling a bit lost!

Do you have a link to their website? I'm not finding any websites.

That is a very good point, Geronimo, it is difficult to find!

It's:
    http://www.scottishportrait.com/home.html

Advertiser

Hi, absolutely not posting to tout for work as we have very limited availability, but their website would send alarm bells ringing for me personally as it's not professional. Key questions to ask: what's your background (formal training?) is this your full time occupation, can I see full galleries of your weddings, do you shoot on full frame cameras, what equipment and back up equipment do you use, are you insured, do you have a range of fast lenses (this is standard to deal with low light) Can I view a range of full wedding galleries - that way you see how yours will potentially look and how they cover the day. See what the response is and hopefully you'll feel reassured.

That is brilliant advice, thank you so much!

Had a look at their website. Comparing to other websites, it's a bit strange they don't have FB, instagram etc or a blog. And only two weddings in their portfolio.