Thread: Intimate ceremony and celebration at different times?? HELP

Default Intimate ceremony and celebration at different times?? HELP

Hi lovely brides

I am having a bit of an issue. I have a huge family and just simply cannot afford to spend 5-7000 on food alone for guests. Myself and fiancÚ have planned to have a very small intimate ceremony at a beautiful Country House at Loch Lomond. Then have our big celebration at night with ALL of our family and friends on a different date, maybe a month or two months later?

I know that this may offend some people but myself and my fiancÚ don't have the privileges of parents paying for our wedding as they simply cannot afford it either.

I was just wondering if anyone else had done this before and their thoughts on it?

Thanks Ladies

I think that's a lovely idea. It also means that the people who really want to be there at the after-party will make it but extended family who don't want to make the journey don't feel as obliged as it's not the actual wedding. Everybody wins and sometimes the celebration afterwards is a lot of fun as it's a different kind of event. Gives you something to look forward to after the actual wedding!

Louise

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseRogers View Post
    I think that's a lovely idea. It also means that the people who really want to be there at the after-party will make it but extended family who don't want to make the journey don't feel as obliged as it's not the actual wedding. Everybody wins and sometimes the celebration afterwards is a lot of fun as it's a different kind of event. Gives you something to look forward to after the actual wedding!

Louise

Ahh that's fab Louise just what I needed to hear. I need to remind myself that our day is about us and we can only do the best we can do. Thankyou for your advice ***9786;***65039;

Sammy x

Hi FMrsB

You are not alone. I look back on my own wedding, some 12 years ago, and wonder who half of those people were that I have never seen again since!

I have DJd at TWO events for a Bride and Groom that were almost 3 weeks apart.
    One was for close family at a small Castle for just 40 guests.
    The other was just an extra evening reception for 150 guests at large venue in Edinburgh.

Actually I do know of another occasion. My sister-in-law got married in the Lakes a few years ago. She didn't invite anyone!! Instead she had a party in her home town a few months later. Though, that was for some weird reason and not just to save money!

All the best
    Lee Live: Wedding DJ
    www.DJLeeLive.com
    m: 07703 781140 t: 0131 448 1976
    Now performed at over 800 Weddings!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Live.com View Post
    Hi FMrsB
    You are not alone. I look back on my own wedding, some 12 years ago, and wonder who half of those people were that I have never seen again since!

I have DJd at TWO events for a Bride and Groom that were almost 3 weeks apart.
    One was for close family at a small Castle for just 40 guests.
    The other was just an extra evening reception for 150 guests at large venue in Edinburgh.

Actually I do know of another occasion. My sister-in-law got married in the Lakes a few years ago. She didn't invite anyone!! Instead she had a party in her home town a few months later. Though, that was for some weird reason and not just to save money!

All the best
    Thankyou so much for the advice. I don't feel as guilty or bad now. It's just the way it is and I'm never gonna be able to please everyone.

I think that is definitely my plan now. I'm more than happy to have a nice small intimate ceremony with with closest family then invite the rest for the evening.

***9786;***65039; Thanks again

Sammy

Fmrsb what did you end up doing? Same situation here

Quote Originally Posted by Lisastobe View Post
    Fmrsb what did you end up doing? Same situation here
    Hi Lisa I am definitely having wedding on diff days and only having small ceremony. It's what is best fir us and that's what matters

hope this helps

family are also in agreement and are more than understanding to come at night celebrations only

xx

Advertiser

I had a huge wedding 13 years ago and invited everyone. Again I didn't know half the people and given half the chance would have preferred a small intimate gathering with close family and friends.
    I think you definitely get the best of both worlds with an after party.
    Being a Wedding Ceremony Singer I have had the opportunity to sing at very small ceremonies. The smallest was 20 people and the largest around 300.
    Both equally beautiful but I would do what feels right for you. Best of luck

Www.clairesemple.com
    Wedding Ceremony Singer and Karen Carpenter Tribute Singer

Fmrsb can I ask where your wedding is being held? Xxx