Thread: Erin Rose videoography

Default Erin Rose videoography

Hi,

We have booked Erin Rose Wedding Videos for our wedding in May 2017.

At the time of booking (about a year ago) I had no concerns and happily paid the deposit.

However recent reviews on their facebook page have left me extremely concerned with several brides leaving really bad reviews regarding the length of time they have waited ie over a year, the quality of the videos and lack of communication from the company who are failing to respond to emails.

I understand any company can suffer the odd bad review however the negative press is really worrying.

I have emailed them and they assure me they have taken on less work and that they have never failed to deliver on a wedding video.

If I cancel I lose my deposit of 250.

I have suggested them that I pay them half of the total and the rest on receipt of the DVD -no response of yet.

Does anybody have experience with this company?

And are there any future brides in the same position as me?

Any help, advice would be appreciated.

Stress brides don't need.

Thanks

I am in the EXACT same position.

Get married in June 2017 and I'm very concerned about this too.

I really don't want to have to wait a year for the video.

I am seriously considering cancelling but struggling to find another videographer who's films I like as much, who also don't cost 2000+

Will follow this post to see if you get any more replies or advice.

Let me know what you decide too.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah it's leaving really short notice to try and arrange someone else.

It's a lot of money to hand over to wait over a year and not only that some people are saying their videos have been poor quality.

Have you emailed them? They still haven't got back to me regarding my suggestion of paying half the balance before the wedding and the rest on receipt of the video.

Keep in touch...

I posted about this company before. I've read so many bad things. Check your contract, some of the brides said a 45 day wait for their videos in the contravt, which they never got (waiting over a year for them). So you could ask them to guarantee that's still the case if not then you are not getting what you signed up for and i would consider that enough for cancelling and they really should refund you. We are still looking around but there's loads of great video people -

http://www.strawberryweddingfilms.co.uk

http://www.ypodweddingfilms.co.uk/m.index.html

I have also booked them for our wedding in April, again I emailed them after seeing the reviews, I got the same reply saying they have took on less work, at this stage of planning I can't afford to loose the 250 deposit and start all over to try and find someone else at short notice. I have checked my contract over and over and I can't find anything that states the film would be ready in 45 days.

I have checked my contract and there is nothing stated as to when they will provide the final video.

They still having replied to my email suggesting paying half and the rest of the balance on receipt of the video.

Will you keep in touch with me in relation to them? My email is Leane86@hotmail.co.uk

Noticed today the review section of their page has been removed so you can no longer see any of the negative comments.

There isn't anything on my contract saying when they will provide the final video either.
    I'm so so worried about this. Really cannot afford to go with anyone else and lose my deposit. I see the reviews are gone plus all posts to their page too. They haven't uploaded any videos of a while either

This is really stressing me out.

I am now worried they might not even turn up on the day....

Still no reply to email.

Are we suppose to have a meeting with them before our weddings?

I'm worried! It's more the lack of communication on their part that is stressing me, not much reassurance is being offered. I'm worried even if they do turn up, will I ever see a finished video? My gut is telling me run for the hills and try find someone else, although my budget now might not get the film I am looking for but I'd rather have one that is different to what I originally wanted than none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Leane View Post
    This is really stressing me out.

I am now worried they might not even turn up on the day....

Still no reply to email.

Are we suppose to have a meeting with them before our weddings?
    I'm sure it says on the contract that you have a meeting with them prior to the wedding.

250 is just so much to loose especially when you compare prices of other companies.

If you click on their last upload on Facebook, it'll take you to their website.. scroll to the bottom and click "newer" there is a few more videos to see, most recent one was uploaded 8th of Jan..
    I've booked them for july 2018.. I knew before I booked & the negative comments started that they took forever- my friend used them for hers. But the work they do is beautiful and I just couldn't find anyone within that price range matching their standards. I am also hoping by July 2018 they'll have figured things out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ladies,

I have made the decision to cancel my booking.

So far they haven't replied to any emails or knowledge my cancellation.

I feel under the circumstances they should refund my deposit as I have cancelled sit to issues at there end.
    Will let you know the outcome but not holding my breath.

Personally I am not willing to risk paying the blance for a film that I might not get and if I do for it to be poor quality.

I hope everything works out for you ladies.

If anybody is considering changing I found weddings live based in newton merns Glasgow to be very helpful.

Good luck

Their communication is terrible! I think I'm on the verge of cancelling as well, do u mind me asking how much weddings live are charging?

its a ridiculous way to run a business. it only takes 2 mins to reply to an email. what if they are ignoring people in hoping that they'll just cancel and they still get to keep the deposits? I'd say you are well entitled to a refund. terrible that they removed the reviews. i wud comment on there actual posts until they reply to you all.

goin to get in touch with some of these ones

http://www.brawbrides.com/film-1

http://weddingcollective.co/director...ng-collective/

They haven't even replied to my cancellation.

Unfortunately weddings live were booked on my date but they were really helpful. They had a package for 800 so although you would lose ur deposit u would still save.

I would seriously consider looking else where if they aren't replying to emails at this stage that's extremely worrying.

Ladies, we used Erin Rose for our wedding in August 2016. Up until the wedding we had no concerns or issues, the films we saw were beautiful and communication was brilliant. The day after we got married all the bad reviews started going on Facebook. As I got a little worried I contacted them and was met with a different tone in emails. So far I have been trying to chase them constantly, still with no date or timescale as to when our video will be ready. As beautiful as their videos are, you really need to weigh up whether it's worth parting with a lot of money, the stress of following up constantly and worst of all, no video 6 months to a year plus down the line. We were told in September or October they were hiring more editors but this doesn't seem to have made any difference. I'm now doubting if I'll ever get my full video 😔.

Disgusting way to treat people...you should post on their page and see if you get any response that way.
    Hope you get ur video.

Advertisers

Quote Originally Posted by Leane View Post
    Hi,

We have booked Erin Rose Wedding Videos for our wedding in May 2017.

At the time of booking (about a year ago) I had no concerns and happily paid the deposit.

However recent reviews on their facebook page have left me extremely concerned with several brides leaving really bad reviews regarding the length of time they have waited ie over a year, the quality of the videos and lack of communication from the top wedding photography wollongong who are failing to respond to emails.

I understand any company can suffer the odd bad review however the negative press is really worrying.

I have emailed them and they assure me they have taken on less work and that they have never failed to deliver on a wedding video.

If I cancel I lose my deposit of 250.

I have suggested them that I pay them half of the total and the rest on receipt of the DVD -no response of yet.

Does anybody have experience with this company?

And are there any future brides in the same position as me?

Any help, advice would be appreciated.

Stress brides don't need.

Thanks
    Hello,
    It is a very common practice of all the service provider that if you cancel their booking they will pay only half of the advance money...

Well with a month to go to my wedding and several emails sent, I've not had a reply so not looking too good! I have started looking for another film maker but absolutely gutted they have done this. Have any other brides to be managed to have any contact with them at all?

Gosh that's terrible
    Iv just emailed them now. Will let you know if I hear back

Last edited by Mirrabella; 28-03-2017 at 10:25 PM.

Hi we used them for our wedding in June 2016. We had booked them 16 months prior to our wedding and were never advised issues with timescales. 2 weeks before the wedding the skyped us and still no mentions of editing issues.
    We got back from our honeymoon and we were told that we will need to wait 12 months!
    They stopped responding to emails but there was an apology from them on Facebook about September which sounded like they hadn't been coping and cut off all contact.
    They told us they were taking on editors but last we heard from them was November.
    It makes me so sad that we might not get out film. I asked for compensation or some of my money back but I was told that if they offered compensation to people they would go under!
    I emailed them again last week but no response.

I got a reply today. Was short and sweet saying that had taken on too much work last year and haven't this year.....
    Still not really making me feel reassured.

Hi
    Not sure if anyone still on this post but was just wondering how everyone has been getting on?
    M