Thread: Honeymoon in Cuba

Default Honeymoon in Cuba

Hi All,

My OH has recently booked us a honeymoon in Cuba - a real surprise and somewhere I've never even thought of going!
    I know very little about the kinds of things to do there, so I was just wondering if anyone has been before or has any recommendations?

We're staying on near Playa Pesquero/Holguin and would appreciate any advice at all!

Thanks
    xx

Advertiser

Hello Siobhy
    I stayed in Cuba a few years ago but more on the Cayo islands (which was very isolated) My parents stayed in the Holguin area and really enjoyed it as quite close to its very own nature reserve and you can swim with the dolphins in their own natural environment! One of the most popular trips will be to visit Havana which can be organised through the your tour operator locally. Hope this helps
    Emma Baxter travel

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhy View Post
    Hi All,

My OH has recently booked us a honeymoon in Cuba - a real surprise and somewhere I've never even thought of going!
    I know very little about the kinds of things to do there, so I was just wondering if anyone has been before or has any recommendations?

We're staying on near Playa Pesquero/Holguin and would appreciate any advice at all!

Thanks
    xx

Hey! I went to Cuba on holiday two years ago, and it is an incredible place. Unfortunately I didn't stay in the area you are staying so I can't really help with that. We stayed in Havana for a while then moved on to a beach resort in Varadero. I just wanted to say though if you do get a chance to take a trip to Havana then I can't recommend it enough. Lots of companies do an overnight trip to the city. It is one of the coolest cities I have visited and recommend it to everyone!

You'll have a fab time! We found the Cuban people to be so friendly and welcoming!