Thread: Decent jeweller in Edinburgh for resizing

Default Decent jeweller in Edinburgh for resizing

I've had a very bad experience resizing a precious ring from my grandmother at a shop in Ocean Terminal (I can't remember the name, but it's the one at the right exit next to Debenhams.) They resized it so badly that the metal kept breaking. I went back once and they repaired it again but it has broken again.

Anyway, I recently got engaged and received a lovely thin rosegold engagement ring. Ideally I'd have it made smaller 1 or 1/2 size, but I'm kind of scared about the whole ordeal now.
    I would like some advice from you lovely ladies on where I can safely take my ring and ensure it will turn out OK! Cost is not an issue this time, I'd rather do it right!

I got my engagement ring from Rox and it needed resized. It took a wee while to get the ring back but very happy with the result.

I had my Hearts On Fire engagement ring with a very fine band re-sized at Jessop Jewellers. Excellent service and high quality job. Highly recommend

Advertiser

Quote Originally Posted by bazfall View Post
    I've had a very bad experience resizing a precious ring from my grandmother at a shop in Ocean Terminal (I can't remember the name, but it's the one at the right exit next to Debenhams.) They resized it so badly that the metal kept breaking. I went back once and they repaired it again but it has broken again.

Anyway, I recently got engaged and received a lovely thin rosegold engagement ring. Ideally I'd have it made smaller 1 or 1/2 size, but I'm kind of scared about the whole ordeal now.
    I would like some advice from you lovely ladies on where I can safely take my ring and ensure it will turn out OK! Cost is not an issue this time, I'd rather do it right!
    Hi if you can travel then I would highly recommend Ian Gallagher in Stirling. I got a couple of rings resized there and they did a fantastic job and were very reasonably priced. Good luck Rut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk