Thread: Uninterested fiance

Default Uninterested fiance

Hi Everyone,

My fiance seems uninterested when I talk about our wedding and it is making me feel a little down. We have booked our venue and I am now wanting to book a photographer.

He is willing to view 3 which is great but he moans and grumps when I mention anything around the wedding.

Has anyone else had the same with their fiance? A wedding will always be more exciting to brides but still!

Mine started off as uninterested, so I left it alone for a bit, then asked him nicely to go to a wedding fair with me. We choose a photographer there together (I started looking at ones that pose you lots, and using his reactions to that, i.e. he couldnt think of anything worse, it helped me lead him to more of what he wanted). Also the food samples there went down a treat with him.
    So while I'm still making the bigger decisions on things (flowers, invites, entertainment, etc). I'v got him involved in all the food decisions, and he has taken an interest in that - cake tastings for the win!

You know your fiance, so you need to find something you know will peak his interest!
    Good luck!

Try not to let it get you down, I think a lot of people go through this at different stages with wedding planning. Like BrideRobyn said, try to involve him in areas that interest him more, would he prefer to make choices about the band/ DJ/ entertainment rather than the photographer? Is there a particular part of the wedding that he is happy to discuss? If so you could start there then lead onto other areas I have deffo been where you are and whilst I found it quite hurtful at the start I learned that wedding planning just is not his thing and whilst he is happy to taste food and select what lager he wants (priorities) he just will never be interested in flower arrangements/ centre pieces/ venue decoration! Dont let it get you down and make sure you enjoy the planning stage!

My H2B is very interested and involved. I started off being delighted by this but soon started to wish he wasn't when he started wanting to choose thing ...... haha!!