Thread: November 2018 Bride - Hey

Default November 2018 Bride - Hey

Hey,

Just thought I'd do this as new to the forum. I am a November 2018 bride and got engaged in November 2014. I am a student until Summer 2018 hence the wait for the wedding. I'm just so glad to finally be able to start planning

Advertisers

Many congratualtions FutureMrsPitt. Happy to offer any advise on Save the Dates, Stationery and Favours. x
    http://www.sixpennyblue.com

Hi I'm new to forum aswell and getting married summer 2018 how you getting on planning?

Hey Ladies. I am a Nov 2018 bride too. It feels so long away but also not. Have any of use booked your hair and makeup? x

Hey 😊

Nice to have some 2018 brides 😬 My planning is almost non existent - I have yet to find my venue 😞 I am just so fussy and all that I like are way out of our budget!! How are yous getting on?

Ha Jacquelinex not even thought about this yet 🙈😂

X

Aww I was the same. I was actually going to just go upto Skye and get married and have a party back home but it wasn't what I wanted deep down. Luckily my amazing mum and dad are helping us out with the wedding otherwise I would probably be the exact same. Part of why I'm a November bride is the cost of venues it's crazy 😜 . You should look on Groupon a few venues have deals on there. Xxx

Hi Jacqueline I'm yet to book hair and make up but that's next on my list! Iv heard make up artists book up quickly for weddings and also pricey depending on if they need to travel x

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMrsPitt View Post
    Hey 😊

Nice to have some 2018 brides 😬 My planning is almost non existent - I have yet to find my venue 😞 I am just so fussy and all that I like are way out of our budget!! How are yous getting on?

Ha Jacquelinex not even thought about this yet 🙈😂

X
    How are you getting on venue hunting? Are you thinking a specific area or location?

Hey all Nov 2018 bride hear also... hoping to get some useful tips on hear. Hope everyone's planning is going well
    Emma xx

Hello! November 2018 bride too! I am just in the process of looking at venues - please tell me decisions get easier as time goes on! x

October 2018 here! Just booked our venue and have the daunting, sprawling list of 'the other stuff' ahead. Looking for any advice on how far in advance to book things like photographer, flowers, hair & makeup...etc!

Hi girls

december 2018 bride here �� We got engaged at the end of July and I have just joined this forum!!

Hello,
    We got engaged end June and booked for end August 18, it definitely feels like an overwhelming list to get through. What I've found has made it feel less epic is:
    -prioritise your list with the things that are most important to you or where the person/people/suppliers are likely to be booked well in advance - for us it was venue, string quartet, photographer
    - leave the things where there are loads and loads of people offering much the same thing say flowers or favours
    - don't get the total fear of missing out if you don't attend every wedding Fair, there are sometimes discounts but not obscene ones . I've been to two and decided not to go to anymore until the big secc one (October)
    - if you're trying to choose a vendor and struggling to decide then leave it a few days/weeks until your sure. If they're gone it wasn't meant to be
    Wedding fairs - if you've not been yet mentally prepare for machine gun style pitches back to back whether you're interested or not! Lol
    - politely take on board everyone's million suggestions and opinions but ignore the judgy face reactions when you say what you're having. Everyone told me to expect an influx of opinions but not how to handle it, I find the nod and smile works well and saves constant mass debate like why you're having a dj over a band etc etc or ... and save this for the tough folk ... tell them you really love their suggestion but it's just not your finance's thing and they really really want a dj - no idea why but it works a treat

hope that helps a little - I'm still navigating this madness so welcome other top tips

Default Hello

Hello cargs

thanks for for all of your suggestions. We have our venue and band booked and our minister sorted so we are making progress. Starting to wonder what I did with my time before all this as it is so time consuming! But fun and exciting too of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Cargs View Post
    Hello,
    We got engaged end June and booked for end August 18, it definitely feels like an overwhelming list to get through. What I've found has made it feel less epic is:
    -prioritise your list with the things that are most important to you or where the person/people/suppliers are likely to be booked well in advance - for us it was venue, string quartet, photographer
    - leave the things where there are loads and loads of people offering much the same thing say flowers or favours
    - don't get the total fear of missing out if you don't attend every wedding Fair, there are sometimes discounts but not obscene ones . I've been to two and decided not to go to anymore until the big secc one (October)
    - if you're trying to choose a vendor and struggling to decide then leave it a few days/weeks until your sure. If they're gone it wasn't meant to be
    Wedding fairs - if you've not been yet mentally prepare for machine gun style pitches back to back whether you're interested or not! Lol
    - politely take on board everyone's million suggestions and opinions but ignore the judgy face reactions when you say what you're having. Everyone told me to expect an influx of opinions but not how to handle it, I find the nod and smile works well and saves constant mass debate like why you're having a dj over a band etc etc or ... and save this for the tough folk ... tell them you really love their suggestion but it's just not your finance's thing and they really really want a dj - no idea why but it works a treat

hope that helps a little - I'm still navigating this madness so welcome other top tips

Hi everyone. I am getting married July 2018 and have just started planning. Venue is sorted but everything else is still up in the air. Who knew how expensive photographers and bands are? It seems like everything costs over 1000!!

Hi

yep it is an expense, I guess you need to set an overall budget and keep an eye on how much everything costs, prioritising whatever matters most to you. We are saving money every month now so our wedding and honeymoon should be paid for before the big day. Means we are on a tighter budget for the short term but will be worthwhile!!

Congratulations 2018 brides!! I am getting married next year 2019, so I think this forum will help me a lot.

Hey 2018 brides,

I haven't been on this forum in a long time!! My planning is okay, could be better, could be worse.

I'm really struggling with the band/DJ as I don't want to be spending too much and looks as though bands are really expensive!! I get married on a Monday so there doesn't ever seem to be any issue with availability. What bands are you guys having?

Hi, I'm new to forum aswell and Congratulations 2018 brides!!
    Last edited by Janne; 09-06-2018 at 11:27 PM.