Thread: Newbie - Travel to Wedding Etiquette

Default Newbie - Travel to Wedding Etiquette

Engaged in April ... in very early stages of planning, trying to find a venue. My fiance would prefer somewhere local (South Lanarkshire) whereas I would be happy to go further afield to find somewhere a little different and there lies the first hurdle! My fiance thinks that if we go further afield, it would be expected by our guests that we provide transport to the venue. I have never been to a wedding where transport has been provided (except for between church and reception). Admittedly I haven't been to a wedding for a good few years ... have things changed now where bride and groom should provide buses/taxis for their guests to get to the venue?

We are getting married in Maybole in 2018. We live in Ayrshire so it's local enough for us... we think most day guests will make a weekend of it and stay friday/sat locally however we are going to put a bus on from Glasgow city centre for people who don't want to stay/then night time and on way back to ggow xx

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I'm have the same conversations with H2B at the moment. We have been to a mixture of situations for weddings, some with transport and some without. For the ones that did put on transport it tended to be where they had their ceremony in local church but then there was travel to reception venue (sometimes an hour etc on the bus) and they would then put a bus on to take guests back to central point (usually glasgow city centre). It looks like we might be getting married at our potential venue so there would be no transport between church and venue and now wondering if we should put a bus on from glasgow to venue and back again. Keen to hear what others think. The past two weddings I have been at have been ceremony and reception together in one place and there has been no transport provided. Neither were local to us so we stayed in a hotel.