Thread: S is for stress

Default S is for stress

Got engaged in January and haven't even booked a venue yet. I simply cannot choose between an abroad wedding or home wedding. Suppose it's better to have found 2 places we love as opposed no venue at all but it just seems so stressful. Put a depo on a dress which I am also changing my mind on... Wish someone could just say this is what you are having and that's it lol. Too many choices makes a girls head hurt...x

I know the feeling! We've been booked for about two months or so and I'm stressed out of my mind already. I don't think I can take another two years of stressing! But it will all be worth it. It's better to have two choices than no choices so don't fret too much!

I guess it is up to you what you want and what is important to you. We had the same dilemma to start with, whether we got married abroad (Probably at the Grand Floridian at Disney in Florida was our choice) or at home. In the end, we'd only be able to take 3 or 4 people with us and my to-be mother in law won't fly. We decided in the end it was more important to us do it here with the family (though every time I look at the bills I wonder if it was the right decision!).

I also put a deposit on a dress, before I saw it. I was worried about it not being right when I saw it in person. I'm sure the shop you've placed the deposit with let you use the deposit towards another dress if you decide you don't like it. That was my option if I didn't like the dress I had reserved (and thankfully they were having a huge sample sale the day I went to see it, in case I didn't like it), the shop were very accommodating with that. I'm sure any decent shop would do the same. But I bet it's gorgeous

Best of luck making a decision

It's a horrible kind of stress isn't it!!
    Could you not opt for a small wedding aboard and then have a welcome home reception in the place you love here?
    Or have your wedding here and honeymoon in the place you love there?

Besto both worlds? Or probably me just being greedy!! lol
    Good luck anyway.

Thanks for replying girls. Have decided to stay home and have it x