Thread: Opinions please?

Default Opinions please?

Hi everyone,
    I'm just posting this to get some of your opinions on what you think I should do/ if I'm overreacting.

We are getting married in 12 days and I have been informed by my venue that the rooms I had reserved for the night before the wedding are no longer available as there has been a mix up and said rooms were released to the wedding party getting married the day before us for their guests to stay the night before the wedding.

We have had our venue booked for 2 and a half years and had these rooms reserved for all that time. I also called at the start of July to confirm we were staying there the night before and was told everything was fine.

The venue have suggested my bridal party should now stay at different locations and they will transport them on the morning of the wedding to where I am getting ready. I was happy with this at the time until I started thinking about suppliers and how everyone will get ready plus daft things like having us all together the night before the wedding will now not be able to happen.

Basically I'm wondering if you guys think I am overthinking this and should be happy the venue have offered an alternative or if I should go back to them again telling them I'm not happy as for 2 years plus everything was fine with the rooms then suddenly with 2 weeks to go I'm having to move and separate my bridal party?

I just gasped reading this and I think you have every right to be stressing. In saying that at least they have offered you an alternative. Maybe you accept the alternative but ensure they know you are unhappy and want some sort of compensation?? Good luck and whatever happens, I'm sure the day itself will be fantastic!

Super Senior Platinum Member

I think that is absolutily appalling and it is stress you don't need and why are you the one compromising.

I would call them and advise the solution isn't acceptable and advise them you want what you would have had if you were all staying at your venue e.g. All staying in the same place.

Not acceptable at all. Go back and tell them that and they need to sort something out. What an absolute farce!

Thanks girls, I took your advice and said I really wasn't happy with the situation and after some negotation we are back where we originally booked. Once I spoke to them in detail about the situation they got it sorted pretty quickly, thank goodness.

Super Senior Platinum Member

That's great news but stress you actually didn't need x

I definitely didn't lol. Was so upset by it all, I'm just so glad it's sorted. hopefully that's the big blip done and dusted, I can get back to worrying about the rain 😂😂 xx