Thread: Glasgow Hens

Default Glasgow Hens

Hi ladies,

I'm going to be a bridesmaid in December and the wonderful bride has asked if I could plan the hens night. The problem is the hens will be in Glasgow and I live in Perth Australia! Can anyone suggest a good venue for a hens? We'll have some older ladies and want to do some sort of activity, have dinner and then go dancing. The Corinthian come up a lot in my google searches, but it's so hard to know where's good from a Google search!!

Thank you all in advance!!

Hi Rachliv, the Corinthian isn't a bad shout at all. They have a karaoke room you can reserve where you can have table service for drinks, then dinner as well as singing your wee socks off. Then you could go downstairs for dancing. Everything in one place would help if the hen is in December, weather will be slightly wetter here than Perth, Aus! X x

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Thank you JennaKaren! I might get in touch with them and start some planning!

Wetter and cooler! I've spent some time in Scotland during winter befude, so I know what to expect. But I'll be frozen coming from the 40+ degree Perth summer. I'm really looking forward to it though!!

I ended up with a three part hen do to fit in different tastes etc. Started with an afternoon tea for myself and family only in a lovely venue (29 Private Members Club), we then moved to October Cocktail bar where we met up with everyone else who was attending and we had cocktails and a buffet. For those that wanted to I then had reserved a booth at Missoula/Reflex for more drinking and dancing. All three venues were in close proximity of each other. Corinthian is a lovely venue and would suit most tastes. The only thing that would potentially need considered is Christmas Party nights as those take up a lot of Friday's and Saturdays in lots of venues

Platinum Member

The Corinthian is lovely but doesn't allow any kind of hen sashes/tiaras etc which is a shame. I did cocktail making and dinner at Metropolitan, we had a private room that my sister decorated and we did some hen games, it was great, then the 'oldies' went home and we went clubbing. It was a great night, fabulous food, and not too expensive xx

Thank you all!! It was great to look up the venues you suggested and know they are good. The bride was in Glasgow yesterday and offered to go look at venues, she loved the Corinthian. It's a bit pricy but they were able to offer cocktail making, dinner in a private room and then booths in the bar. All the other venues I contacted had limited offers due to Christmas so we are really happy to have found somewhere that can do all that for us 2 weeks before Christmas. So I can tick the hens night off my maid of honor duties list!