Thread: Hair & Makeup Team to avoid!!

Default Hair & Makeup Team to avoid!!

I'm not one for using these forums in negative way like this however, I'm hoping I can use it to spread the word. I booked a hair and make up team for my wedding in July. I booked them about 15 months ago and it was one of the first things I booked as I was so excited. I contacted them via email 4 weeks ago to enquire about trials for myself and my bridesmaids. I heard nothing back and emailed them once more a week later then again, a few days later. 3 emails later with no response, I directly messaged them on Facebook worried that I hadn't heard anything back. I got a short reply saying they would get back to me, with no apology.

A fourth email was sent, when no word was received another week later, only to get a response starting with "oh sorry, I thought I had replied". None of my original questions or queries where addressed. After a lot of deliberation, I decided to cancel them and wrote them an explanatory email.

The response I got back in the end after being quite upset pretty much sums it up.....!!

"Hi Rebecca,

I hope you have a lovely wedding.

<name>"

I'm so glad I've escaped having these people involved in my wedding as they are unfriendly, unprofessional and in my opinion overpriced. I'm actually embarrassed to admit how much I was going to pay them. I want to spread the word to all my bride to be friends - don't go near them. Good marketing and no service to back it up!! Feel free to PM and I'll advise of who it is. I have all of my emails and theirs. Thanks for listening

That's shocking!! You are lucky to have found this out before it's too late! Where are they based? They don't sound like the people I have booked with but maybe if you say where they're from people can get a better idea. Hope you find someone :-)

They are based in Glasgow - I'm not allowed to post on here who its is as its against SWD policy but I'm allowed to say via PM supposedly which is strange....

It gets worse as I posted a facebook post about them and one of the girls phoned me directly on my mobile. I thought she was phoning to try and smooth the situation out - how wrong was I. She basically wanted an argument and asked me to take the post down. She called me 'pet' and spoke to my fiance as I couldn't talk for anger and she told him "You're burd won't be able to find anyone else at this late notice".

Honestly, in total shock by the whole thing. I cannot believe how unprofessional they have been. I was so so happy and excited when I booked them!!!

Hey, I have private messaged you. I'm really sorry you've had a nightmare experience.
    Did you manage to get someone else booked?

Hi

I am looking at Hair and Make up in Glasgow now - can you please PM me with more info - I would rather avoid that!!

Yikes! What do they expect with poor customer service like that?!

Hi I private messaged you, on the hunt for hairdresser in Glasgow so would rather avoid too!

Thanks

Hi. I've pmd you too. I would like to know who to avoid

Can you let me know too. Don't want folk like that on my wedding day. Hope it all went well xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just from your post I bet I can guess who it was - initials AB??? Awful customer service!