Thread: How did you choose your date?

Default How did you choose your date?

Just thought I'd start a wee post of how you all decided on your wedding date :-)

I'm getting married on the 30th March 2018, we chose our date because we got together on that date and engaged on that date so it only felt right to also get married on the same day. It will also be our 10 year anniversary on the day we get married too :-)

Aw!

We are getting married on the 7th June 2017, because it was the only week we could fit it in! It's after my last uni exam and just in enough time before graduation so that I can have the 'right' name on my graduation certificate :3

We wanted a wedding during the school holidays (was have friends who are teachers/lecturers and my bridesmaid is doing her first set of exams this year) and due to the venue not doing many wedding per year we ended up with a small wedding. We preferred a mid-week date and completely by chance the best date they had free was my birthday! So unintentially a memorable date!

We basically went lots venues then settled on favourite! Knew wanted a Saturday, knew avoid end June so we are 7/7/18 xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We really didn't mind what time of year or what day of the week so we narrowed it down by....
    H2B family had a wedding in September so that ruled that month out. My sister and MOH is sitting her high school exams in May so that ruled that month out.
    The venue we eventually decided on had such great discounts midweek it was the same price as a winter wedding so decided June 29th which is a Thursday and the 2nd day of the school holidays.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

We didn't really have a system for choosing a date but we wanted a July, August or September wedding but also a month where no other big family occasions occur. We have a lot of family birthdays in July so we ruled that out, my brother got married in September so we ruled that out so we were only left with August. In terms of the date, I wanted a Friday so that my colleagues from work could attend once they were finished in the office but I let the hubby chose the exact date and he wanted 28th. Luckily the registry office and reception venue were both available so we were lucky that we got the date we had worked hard to come up with

That's lovely! Ours isn't as romantic I wanted an October date and there was one date that all our top three venues had available so we thought it was a sign that was our date!

Thats lovely! I wanted to get married on our anniversary but I wanted a Saturday wedding so picked the closest Saturday to it! Cx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We chose the 20th August 2018. We met on the 20th August 2005 and had our first date then. There were too many wedding anniversaries around the month of June which is the month we were originally looking at. So happy with the date we have chosen.

We picked the date we met ( well closest Saturday to it). Also happened to be the day after Husbands birthday. 21/02/2015. Miss planning my wedding. Hope you are all enjoying it!
    Engaged in New York February 2013, getting married February 2015

We're getting married on 13/5/17. We'll have been together 13 years by then. 13 is a number that runs through h2b family history. Hopefully it's lucky for us!!

We're getting marring in Dec. 15, 2018. We love winter, for us - this season / month will strengthen our hearts

YES, we picked the date we met

I've only just got engaged so no date yet but this thread is providing lots of inspiration!! I had thought it would be cool to get married on 29th Feb as there's only one of those every 4 years but I would have to wait another 3 years and I'm not sure I'm that patient XOX

Not only would you have to wait for the wedding, your then allowing your other half the excuse of missing your wedding anniversary for 3 years in a row!

Advertisers

We are getting married on the 7th June 2017, because it was the only week we could fit it in! It's after my last uni exam and just in enough time before graduation so that I can have the 'right' name on my graduation certificate :3