Thread: Destination table cenrepiece help please!

Red face Destination table cenrepiece help please!

Hi everyone, I need your creativity if you can help me out?! So for our wedding breakfast each table is going to be a country OH and I have visited while we have been together.

We have:
    Scotland
    Spain
    Germany (Munich)
    Morocco
    Dominican Republic
    Cyprus

America (Arizona)
    South Africa

For decorations I was hoping to put about 3-4 items that represent each country, along with a picture of us on the holiday with the name of the country, a mini flag, Trivia card on the county and what we did while visiting, maybe some flowers/foliage to represent each country, a hurricane vase with candle and a miniature of alcohol from the country.

Could you help me come up with some suggestions for things that represent these countries, like Spanish castanets, Moroccan tea pot, Bavarian Hat etc. Also the foliage/flower for each country and Booze!!! The ones in bold I am really struggling with.

My one criteria is that it can't be food as we need to have these out the day before so we don't want anything spoiling! Spices are ok

This is my inspiration:
    ~

Hope that image comes out! Thanks so much for your help! Xx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails centrepiece ideas.jpg   centrepiece 1.jpg  

Scotland, I would have thought the easiest one! Whisky for the booze and for the flowers, something with thistles! tartan ribbon tied around the hurrican vase? And of course you have the Saltire flag! Things that could represent Scotland (but possibly be a bit cheesy) - a wee loch ness monster, mini kelpies or mini bagpipes? Although based on the given pictures, you could sneak in one of these into the mix and still have it look cute! Good luck with the other places!

thanks BrideRobyn, I know it was all food things I was thinking for Scotland. I popped into a tourist shop on my way home last night to get some inspiration and thought of the same things as you, Was thinking a tartan cloth/scarf, a mini highland Coo! Yes whiskey was a given and thinking either thistles or heather for the flowers?

Any other suggestions ladies? Xxx

Ahha, how could I forget the highland coo! You could do a thistle and heather combo, the purples should compliment each other nicely, then you could even tie in the tartan (if either of you don't have your own tartan already?) with a generic purple one like Scotland Forever.

South Africa - wildlife (elephants, lions, zebra etc), rugby? Cyprus - Keo beer, sand? Germany - beer again, leather shorts? Don't know much about flowers for those countries and know nothing about Dominican Republic but it sounds like a lovely idea. Maybe ribbons on the hurricane lamps in the colours of each country's flag?

Oh amazing ideas ladies! Thanks so much...was going to get wee carved animals like lions and elephants for the SA table but I never thought Rugby - that's a great idea!

I agree with the thistle heather combo Robyn that will look lovely and then matching it in with a purple tartan sounds great!

My Moroccan teapot arrived! What do you think?
    ~

I need to get those colourful glass tea glasses but not found any I really liked yet. Xxx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moroccan teapot.jpg  

LOVE the teapot!! Also Germany brings to mind tankards with pewter lids.

Nennypenny, I'm going to Germany next month (Hamburg, not Munich) so I'd be happy to bring back anything you might like x

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLG View Post
    Nennypenny, I'm going to Germany next month (Hamburg, not Munich) so I'd be happy to bring back anything you might like x
    Oh amazing MrsLG!! I was thinking one of those Bavarian Hats (if that's too big though then just the pin). I will PM you though :-)
    ~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails German hat.jpg