Thread: Videographer

Default Videographer

Hiya!
    Has anyone opted not to have a videographer for their wedding?
    I would really like one however have found they cost nearly as much as my photography and I haven't really budgeted for it so not really sure I can afford it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not getting one! It would have been nice, but we've already overspent on the original budget. We've booked a great photographer, so photo reminders it is!

We are the same Robyn - We def cannot afford one after what we have overspent but really worried that we will regret not having one xx

We didn't have one and didn't regret it. I had the same last minute thought about whether to get one and looked into how much it would be, but spoke to a few friends who had/didn't have them to find out how they felt about it. A few who did get it said that they loved watching it back once, but then it got stuck in a drawer and they never looked at it again; the one who didn't said she did partly regret it but that it was a lot of money. I think perhaps if we had an unlimited budget we may have gone for it - but to be honest, I think you're better to save the money, put it towards the honeymoon, and get a friend to record the ceremony/speeches if you're really fussed (we did this in the end), rather than paying hundreds of pounds for something that you'll never really watch again.

I think thats the thing! I really doubt I would be watching it enough to warren the cost. maybe the first year anniversary, but after that? So I say, videographer is just a luxury if you can, but if you cant you do have the photos and anything people post to social media :P

We almost didn't get one but a few months before the wedding I contacted someone and explained our budget issues. We ended up with a good deal for the ceremony only for a small deposit and the final bill on completion. Not sure where you are or how tight your budget is but could be an option.

Thanks for the advice ladies - a few things def to think about xx

We have booked one after speaking with friends that said it was much more important to have a videographer than a photographer. We cut back our photographer because they wanted an extra £400 to stay after the speeches for the 1st dance and that covered most of our videographer. The video will show lots of bits that we will miss on the day because we are too busy.

Advertisers FairyTale Productions's Avatar

I may be bias however videography is very important to have on your Special Day. As mrsmccormack says "the video will show lots of bits that we will miss on the day because we are too busy".

For me the main reasons to have a wedding DVD are very simple it's the only way that you will be able to hear your Vows and Speeches again and see your First Dance.

Shop around, it may not be as expensive as you think.
    Wedding Films and Photography
    www.fairytaleproductions.co.uk

Erin rose are wonderful! Two of my friends had them at their weddings and the videos are beautiful, I'm really hoping they are free on our big day as I've not seen anyone else that I've loved as much X

I think it's a personal decision for you and your fiancé, just depends on what you feel is important and what you prioritise? I'm not fussed about flowers, whereas some of my friends felt really strongly about them and spent a lot on them. We've gone with Mallard productions, really lovely films but still reasonably priced. Met them and they're lovely too. Good luck with your decision x x

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk