Thread: Solsgirth pavilion

Default Solsgirth pavilion

Hello!

Has anyone had their meal and reception at the pavilion in Solsgirth?

It's a possible venue for us but we are looking at 110 during the day, so looks like we'd need to eat in the pavilion too.

More so keen on experiences of the meal - was food kept nice and warm (and is the pavilion warm too!).

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

When do you get married? I was at a wedding there in October, the evening reception was in the pavilion and it was FREEZING! The evening buffet was served in there and it was lovely

I'm not sure what your plans are for entertainment but if you're thinking about having a band, it's worth asking them about their sound limiter x

Hi, thank you for coming back to me.

We are thinking Nov this year - that was a concern about it being cold.

When we went to view a couple of weeks ago, they were getting the pavilion sound proofed. From what I hear though, it hasn't made much of a difference....

Back to the drawing board for venues I think

Thanks again

X

Oh no, that's a shame that the soundproofing isn't great. It's such a beautiful venue, we looked into it too but then our close friends booked shortly after so we didn't want to copy x

Think it's more so the cold that would put me off (we'd be having the meal in pavilion) as we'd likely get a DJ for the evening, so sound limiter might not be as bad as a band.... It is beautiful though X

I was at a wedding here is September. The noise limiter was a pain. The band couldnt adapt to it and music kept cutting out to the point they were playing really low that no one could really hear them. It even cut off half way through the bride and grooms first dance!

Angry Solsgirth Pavillion

Quote Originally Posted by gilhemtobe View Post
    Hello!

Has anyone had their meal and reception at the pavilion in Solsgirth?

It's a possible venue for us but we are looking at 110 during the day, so looks like we'd need to eat in the pavilion too.

More so keen on experiences of the meal - was food kept nice and warm (and is the pavilion warm too!).

Thank you

Hi there, We were told the Ballroom holds 100 and we are squeezing in an extra 8 people so if you're inviting 110 chances are some of them won't be able to make it and you may be able to squeeze them in in the ballroom then have your evening do in the Pavillion. Please note though they have recently made the pavilion smaller by about 7-8 metres so I would re-check it's big enough for your numbers. We've only just found this out 2 and a half months before our wedding and are now having to cancel decorations we've booked and re-think our whole set up. Raging doesn't come close!

Please spread the word to anyone who has booked their wedding at Solsgirth that the Pavillion which has been soundproofed over the last few months has actually been shortened by approx. 7 or 8 metres in length and the windows have been removed and replaced by plain panels! The stage is now fixed in position in the side wall therefore you can only have the dancefloor in the middle and it obviously means the tables are going to be cramped as they now have to be closer together to fit everyone in. The management team have decided to do this without consulting any of their future wedding couples in the hope that they'll either not notice or not be too bothered and therefore not kick up a fuss. My fiancÚ and I think this is an absolute discrace and 2 and a half months before our wedding we're now having to cancel decorations we've booked and paid for and re-think the look and layout of our evening reception. Raging is an understatement!