Thread: Photography duo

Default Photography duo

Does anyone have any recommendations for a photography duo in the Glasgow area which doesn't break the bank. The photographer I'm keen on has an assistant who, by their omission, doesn't have currently have the skills to be a principle photographer (very honest I think).
    I'd love to have my fiancÚ and son photographed getting ready in the morning but (obviously) I'm priority!!!!x

Hi AlmostMrsD, we're using The Gibsons Photography. Not getting married until November, but their website looks great! X x

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply JennaKaren - I was in contact with them at the beginning of my search and decided not to go with them as they were quite pricey (although this is just from memory as I can't download their price list now) xx

My friend recently used Rachel McNeil. Her photos were beautiful. I think she's not long started out doing weddings full time, with her partner, so may be more reasonably priced than others. Her website address is http://www.rachelmcneil.co.uk

xx

Perfect - thanks very much scottishbridey. I've messaged her so will see what she comes back with x

We are using Pearl & Plum. They are fantastic. Leigh did my friends wedding a few years ago, and has set up Pearl & Plum with her friend Carly. They are really reasonably price and just seem to get exactly what I want.

We're using Crieff Photography. They're a husband and wife team and soooo lovely as well. This is their website - http://www.crieffphotography.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by scottishbridey View Post
    My friend recently used Rachel McNeil. Her photos were beautiful. I think she's not long started out doing weddings full time, with her partner, so may be more reasonably priced than others. Her website address is http://www.rachelmcneil.co.uk

xx
    Boo - not available!

Thanks hannahm & MrsLG - they both look great and have contacted them x

A lot of photographers who are solo will offer a second shooter option if you want to go down that route too. Most of the photographers I know will hire someone who is proficient and good at what they do - I've been a second shooter for lots of other photographers, and had lots of professional photographers second shoot for me too!

The benefit with a team like the Gibsons (incidentally, they're doing my wedding too!) is you get to meet both the people involved in the team. A genuinely good photography duo won't be cheap incidentally, but effectively you're paying for two professional wedding photographers who will deliver equally high quality images that will flow seemlessly together. Either way, hiring a solo photographer with a second shooter or hiring a photography duo is still a lot cheaper than if you were to pay two individual photographers their normal full day rate!

We went with Fotomaki Photography, lovely ladies. Loved how they captured my husbands morning 😊

Quote Originally Posted by hannahm View Post
    We are using Pearl & Plum. They are fantastic. Leigh did my friends wedding a few years ago, and has set up Pearl & Plum with her friend Carly. They are really reasonably price and just seem to get exactly what I want.
    Thanks heaps - I went to meet Pearl & Plum and they're lovely so I'm booking them. Thanks for the heads up x

We are hoping to book either Pearl & Plum or Chantel Lance Gibson, have a look.

Just seen you booked Pearl and Plum - great choice xx