Thread: Bridesmaid Nightmare!

Unhappy Bridesmaid Nightmare!

Hi girls,

Just looking for a wee bit of support.

I am just back from my hen weekend, in general it was awesome but I am really disappointed with my maid of honour. It was just me and my 3 maids that went on the hen, we went to Edinburgh for the weekend.

My maid of honour was so horrible to the 2 other maids and made them feel so uncomfortable. Everything they said, she had done it better and made a point of going on and on about how much longer she has known me that the others, it was really embarrassing, and I can tell my other 2 maids are really upset by it all.

She then also made a comment that being a maid is a lot of rubbish and if she was ever getting married she wouldn't have any! Why say that to a bride on her own hen do? Especially if you are the maid of honour!

She knows im really angry with her and I am now wishing she wasn't my maid, I need to sort this before the wedding but im at a loss- (wedding is in June) ive tired to talk to her but she doesn't think she was out of order!

Any suggestions or anything welcome.

Thanks
    Last edited by MrsMorgan; 08-03-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Oh I'm sorry your hen weekend turned into a nightmare with your maid!

It sounds a lot like jealousy I'm afraid which is tricky to deal with, has she got a partner at the moment? theres really no excuse for her saying things like that, even if she thought it, so the fact she did sounds like attention seeking to me!

If it was me, I would let her know that you are upset by what she said and remind her she is your maid of honour for a reason and you expect her to fulfil the role and support you, if she can no longer do that then unfortunately you will have to think of someone else to take on that responsibility. Hopefully hearing that from you will make her take a step back and realise she was in the wrong and apologise and you can move on from it, if not at least you know where you stand and you can ask one of your other bridesmaids to take on the role?

Last thing you want is this hanging over you in the lead up to your day or worrying she would say anything else like that on your actual wedding day!

Have you spoken to your other maids about it and got their views on it?

Hope you get it sorted though, nothing worse than added stress like that so close to the day!

Hey,
    Thanks for your reply & support!
    No she doesn't have a partner and I agree- its attention seeking.
    I think I am going to contact her and say that she has really upset me and need to clear the air.
    Yeah my other maids are just saying that its a joke and they are really annoyed with her.
    I hope to get an apology and move on because its only a a couple of months to the wedding and the last person I need hassle from is my maid of honour. The way I feel just now I dont even want her sitting next to me at the top table!
    Thanks again x

How'd it go MrsMorgan? Last thing you need is the person who's supposed to be supporting you being a nightmare!

Hey SnowdropFox,

Thanks so much for your message!

So it went OK, things are still a bit tense and the other maids are feeling a bit awkward still but Im just going to put it behind me and carry on. The other maids wont let it ruin anything to do with the wedding which I am happy about!

Hows your wedding planning coming along?

Good, hopefully things will keep getting better

Mine were going swimmingly until today! Went to pick up the rings and they've engraved the wrong dates on my ring! (Just mind not H2Bs!). We've got plently of time for it to be picked, can't help but laugh to be honest!