Thread: Where will your pets be staying?

Default Where will your pets be staying?

Just wondered if you guys had arrangements in place for your beloved pets?

I love my dog to pieces she's my little princess and it seemed like just yesterday I had ages to think about where she was going to stay on the wedding night but with only 10 weeks to go I thought I better put arrangements in place.
    All my friends/family that I would usually leave her with will be at the wedding and my H2B thought it better be best if she stayed somewhere the night before the wedding to as I'm staying at the hotel and he doesn't want any added stress having to drive her somewhere and we will be staying at the hotel on the wedding night.

I've just contacted www.animalsathome.co.uk/lothians and spoke to a very nice lady who I'm meeting next week, she arranges "host" families and your pet stays with them at a charge. It sounds really prefessional and I wouldn't leave my little pooch with just anyone. I get to meet the family she will be staying with and everything.

Non pet owners might think I'm crazy but I would rather know she was somewhere she was happy the I can relax x

I can totally understand it, even though I don't have an animal just now I used to have a Doberman in Germany and there was no way I would have left the wee sweety with just anyone I miss having a dog but I just don't have the time just now
    Anita & Grant 26th of May 2011

We've been very lucky that our Hotel agreed that our wee dog could stay over. We have a friend of my mother in law coming up to stay in the hotel on night of wedding and look after him. I really wanted some wedding pics taken with him, and now we can

It might be better to get someone to stay at the house, so your doggy is in it's own environment, unless it's super social and doesn't mind going to new houses.

My mil2b's downstairs neighbour will be watching our little furball (dog lol), MIl2b will watch him the night before then drop him down the morning of the wedding.

I am funny about leaving him with anyone and a bit nervous about leaving him with someone who isn't family but I would rather this than put him in a kennel.
    x

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

My little princess stays with my Mum and brother most of the time due to my shift patterns at the moment and luckily, my venue is only 15 mins from their house, and my brother doesn't drink! Part of his role as usher is to let the dog out after the meal! The hotel allow pets but she is a hyperactive staffie who thinks she's still a puppy and craves a lot of attention when around a lot of people! Safer to let her chill at home! Don't know what I'd do tho if venue was further away as she was a rescue dog and couldn't bear to send her to kennels. The "host family" idea sounds much nicer than kennels!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

mine is booked into the kennels!

he has never been in kennels in the 8 years i have had him as we have always looked after each others animals but we are all at the wedding so thought it be best.

That was the 2nd thing i looked into
    Wedding date 2/10/10

Hiya!
    My baby is spending the nite before the wedding at my h2b's grans house then my dad is going to go get her take her for a big walk (get her & him outta the way) and then bring her bk to my mum's.
    She's going to stay during the day at my mums with her 2 dogs and a neighbour is going to take them out and feed them.
    hopefully this is all going to go to plan.
    she is then spending the first week of her holidays (my honeymoon) at my mums and the 2nd at H2b's grans.
    thankfully she is so easy going and used to different environments due to us both working shifts.
    It's been the hardest thing trying to arrange the dog, worse than having a child! lol!
    Mrs C 2B

Our wee girl (well small horse really...a greyhound!) will be staying at her dog walkers. The lady we use is fab, she keeps the dogs in her own home and walks them sooooo much. Its great, when we have left her over night before at the dog walkers our dog comes back and sleeps for 2 days straight lol! The lady we use is not very expensive which is good.

While we are on honeymoon though she will go and stay with my mum in the countryside and chase my mums jack russel lol.

xxx

Senior Platinum Member

we are just starting to look at somewhere for our pooch to stay for the wedding and then the week after for our honeymoon, problem is I am so worried about him just now, he is 7 months old and we've just been told by the vet that he has hip problems (he's a lab) and the wee soul is in pain, although i have been given painkillers for him.....so i need to be extremely careful where he stays as cold floors will absolutely kill him......really worrying me just now
    1st October 2010...the best day of my life....I married my best friend

My cats are ging to be going into a cattery from a couple of days before the wedding. They didn't like the last cattery they were at earlier this year (the cattery owner told me one of them was a "Diva"!!) so I've hunted down a lovely wee country cattery near Dunkeld and they're going for a mini break in September to make sure they get on fine.

It's very stressful for me though, I'd hate to think they weren't having a nice time, but they have to be out of the way because we have 150 cupcakes to make and don't want cat hair in them!!

x
    Friday 13th May, 2011

My wee cat is going in to the cattery too. She's been in it a few times so i know she'll be okay! I don't particularly like leaving her there as she's a rescue cat but needs must!

M xx
    10th October 2010 - Best day of my life!

My Wedding Report ~ http://www.scottishweddingdirectory....ead.php?t=6416

I wasn't really into the idea of putting little Poppy into the kennels, I'm sure they are great but she's so used to comfortable surroundings and I don't tink she would really be into dogs barking all the time, she's good with other dogs and is really playful but gets really annoyed when she's had enough and the other dog still wants to keep playing. I think the "host family" would suit her best, I don't mind her being out of her surroundings for a couple of days but when we go away on the honeymoon my MIL is going to stay at ours for the week.

They really are like children lol, I wouldn't have it any other way x

Super Senior Member

My mum will be staying with Geddy and Mirren the night before the wedding and the night of the wedding and then for the 2 weeks during our honeymoon.

My poor mum
    ***29th April 2011***