Thread: Struggling to find a humanist...!

Default Struggling to find a humanist...!

Hey!

I'm helping plan my sisters wedding in Edinburgh in July and she's unable to find a humanist for the day. I've had a look at the Scotland society of humanists and humanists-ceremonies.

Does anyone know anywhere else I can look?

Thanks!!

Hey

I've just this moment put my deposit down for our humanist. We also struggled but found someone through fuze ceremonies, I met the man Edward at a wedding fair at the weekend and he was lovely!

X

What area are you putting in the serach parameters? Edinburgh isn't far from central Scotland or even Dundee really. Our humanist Mary Wallace is based in Doune, north of Stirling and will travel (as will many others). Is a weekend date? Just wondering what is making it so tough!

Hi Pickletoots

There are lots of humanist organisations in Scotland: one you might want to check out is the Caledonian Humanist Association

As an Edinburgh-based celebrant myself, you could suggest your sister get's in touch with me. Call me on 07770555224 or drop me a line at tim@cha.scot and if I'm not free I'll suggest someone else who may be able to help

Have you tried Melanie Leckie?

We have just booked Sandy Geddes from independent humanist ceremonies, I met him at the wedding fayre at the SECC and was instantly sold, such a great cheery guy that loves what he does and made us feel so at ease straight away. We met another humanist who made us quite intimidated which wasn't at all what we wanted!
    Would highly recommend meeting/speaking to Sandy ☺️ He is based in Glasgow.

Aww - we've just booked sandy too - he's fab xx

We've booked Sandy too. Such a lovely guy! Would recommend the Independant Humanists. I wasnt 100% on a humanist ceremony then we met Sandy and as instantly sold.

I can't imagine anyone meeting Sandy and not wanting to book him

Quote Originally Posted by Fifirob View Post
    I can't imagine anyone meeting Sandy and not wanting to book him
    i agree - he's so engaging. I can't wait for the big day now!x

Hi Pickletoots! We have booked our humanist (Lesley Anderson - she is lovely!) through Independent Humanist Ceremonies http://www.humanist-ceremonies.org/. There are quite a few different humanist societies so hope you find one soon!

Hi girls! I'm currently looking for a humanist for my wedding.

Would you be able to give me contact details for Sandy Geddes please?

Thanks! x

Hey his email is sandygeddes@yahoo.co.uk

It's worth chatting to Fuze Ceremonies as they might have somebody. Apparently there is some sort of rift in the Humanist groups and there are some who have broken away from the Humanist Society of Scotland so they're not advertised on their site - and Fuze Ceremonies is one of the ones that are not part of the main group. Or maybe I've totally go the wrong end of the stick on that one but that seemed to be what was being said when I asked about it.

Lou x

There are several humanist organisations - and others who offer non-religious ceremonies.

The Humanist Society of Scotland is the biggest, but there are several others too...

- Fuze
    - Independent Humanist Ceremonies
    - Humanist Fellowship of Scotland
    - Caledonian Humanist Association
    and there are other independent humanists who have set up their own 'businesses'

There are also other authorised groups - Interfaith Celebrants http://www.scottishweddingceremony.co.uk/ who hold ceremonies which are non-religious or religious or a mix of both
    And also independents like TLC ceremonies.

I am an interfaith celebrant, and I think it is important that everyone can find the right kind of ceremony that they are looking for, and the right person to hold it. We are so fortunate in Scotland to have a lot of choice.
    Jane

jane@yourserviceinscotland.co.uk