Thread: Aargh will everything come together?

Default Aargh will everything come together?

I am getting married in July and it's starting to feel real now. We have got most things organised now but I am starting to worry that everything I have chosen won't work together. We didn't really have a theme or colour scheme so when choosing bridesmaid dresses I left it to them. They chose a light blue colour so we chose pastel coloured flowers and theme came from there but the venue is quite modern with Reds, black and silver. Is it going to clash?
    I chose martini glass centrepieces with gel beads and flowers but my bridesmaid said that she didn't think they were my style or matched the theme?
    I bought my wedding dress when I was heavier size 16 to 8 and now it needs altered a lot and I can't see it looking right. I am even considering going to get another one but it cost a lot of money and would be such a waste.
    I am struggling to find shoes that I like and we can't find outfits for the MOB or MOG.
    Sorry for the long post but I'm panicking!

Relax - I promise that it will all be fine!! Remember that you have six months left to go - I know that it doesn't seem like long (and it will fly), but it is plenty of time to get organised. Worrying about it now gives you the extra incentive to get it sorted - we ended up finding that we were so overly organised that we had absolutely nothing to do for the two weeks before the wedding! On the day and afterwards, you won't even remember what you were worrying about or anything that went wrong - in fact, you will laugh! (Believe me - the morning of our wedding, key suppliers were two hours late due to weather (not naming names as they were BRILLIANT and it wasn't their fault), my mum and dad got kicked out of their hotel three hours before the wedding due to flooding (Duck Bay hotel at Loch Lomond - I have only negative things to say!!), and our DJ totally messed up the first part of our evening in multiple ways, including playing a cover version of our first dance rather than the original (still livid - who does that?!?!?!) However - none of it really mattered, we laughed about it all on the day and afterwards, and it was a brilliant day!

For you: the venue and colour choices sound fine, and the more important thing is that you and the bridesmaids are happy with their dresses and colours, irrespective of how the venue looks (can say as much as you want that its your day and they should just get on with it, but I suspect that dealing with a moody bridesmaid on the day would be even more stressful!). I don't even think 80% of our guests could tell you what our centrepieces were - but I can't see how martini glasses can't match a theme, or is is the colours you're worried about? If you're worried about it, speak to the people doing them - do you have an outside person or is the venue doing it? Ours were prepared to make alterations to what we wanted, subject to them having everything in stock - you'll find that people are flexible.

On shoes - keep looking. I found Rainbow had some really pretty (and comfortable) ones. Remember that (I'm assuming) you will have a long dress and thus you won't see much of them anyway!

On the dress, alterations can be done and they can look fabulous! Where are you based? I used Alter Girls in Glasgow who were very reasonable and worked wonders with my dress - by the time they'd finished changing bits on it, I loved it 100% more than I had when I first tried it on. I talked to them about it before I agreed to make the changes, and they were great about making suggestions and recommendations as to what they thought would work best - an expert dress maker will see more than you do when it comes to possibilities. The fit, the neckline, the back, straps, etc can all be changed and for less than you'd expect. On MOG and MOB, again, relax! My mum bought her outfit two months before the wedding and it didn't need alterations - if they don't have something a month before the wedding, then start to worry (or let them - it's their dress!) - but you have ages, I promise!!

I think it's normal to panic....isn't it? lol I'm a mess (3 weeks to go!)

I have been doubting decisions I made many months ago, and freaking out about colour scheme. I'm having a calm day today, so I can safely say that nobody goes to a wedding and says "oh wow, those dresses don't match the napkins....what a shame...". You will have ups and downs, one day you can't wait and think everything is perfect, and the next you're tearing your hair out.

A good seamstress will be honest with you about your dress. How well it can be resized totally depends on the style. You have plenty of time to take it to a few places and ask opinions.

Everything will be wonderful

I can’t stress enough how littlethese things will matter to you on the day. I worried about a hundred little things that in the end didn’t matterone jot.There were things that hadn’tbeen done right that I didn’t even notice on the day but found about later andit didn’t make the day any less special.You will just be absolutely caught up in the moment and I promise thatyour guests will not be thinking things don’t match or anything like that.They are there because they want to shareyour big day and celebrate with you.

My hubby tried to get me to stopworrying and I wish I had listened to him instead of getting so stressedbecause it’s absolutely not worth it. Take some time to relax and get your excitement back. You will have the most amazing day!

Thanks for the replies. I thought I had posted a reply but it must not have worked.

Our florist is doing our centre pieces and then another company are doing chair covers etc. I thinks it's the clashing colours I'm worried about but I have decided that I don't mind. If people are judging colours they shouldn't be at our wedding.

The seamstress I am using is lovely. She said not to worry that she can alter it and that it's not really a size 16 as that's the American size on it. I just can't imagine it looking right as I need at least 2 inches off each side. Seamstress has said not to do fitting till June in case sizes change and I suppose I just want it done now.

Still not found shoes but I'll keep looking. I had a look at rainbow club and I seen I style I liked but friends have told me they are uncomfortable and by the night the heels were worn down and wobbly.

I ordered my wedding ring last night .

I'm off work for a long weekend next week so going to finish making invites.