Thread: Autumnal red bridesmaid dresses in high street shop

Default Autumnal red bridesmaid dresses in high street shop

Starting to stress about this now. As I've got 4 bridesmaids was trying to go to the high street rather than bridal shops for the dresses but struggling to find a sort of burgundy/merlot colour dress that I like! Have only seen about two and they haven't wowed me. Have tried the usual - Debenhams, BHS, Monsoon, Coast. Wedding in October so time is starting to run out eek 🙈

This is my colour too and I am really struggling too!! Might just have to keep an eye on this thread. I have seen some nice ones online but just so worried about buying them online with refund if I don't like them....total nightmare :-(

Ah Nennypenny I'm glad I'm not the only one, feel like I'm going insane!

One of my bridesmaids has been looking online too but like you I'm worried especially some sites I hadn't heard of before!

When is your wedding? Hopefully someone will be able to reply

Depends how much you're looking at spending, but have you tried Davids Bridal? They've just opened up in Glasgow and are very reasonable (by wedding standards!). Their UK site isn't very helpful, but the US site gives a good idea of possible styles and prices (although remember there's a slight mark up in the UK due to tax).

Thanks qatn I've had a look at the site and have decided it's worth a look!

Got my dresses today! In deep claret (my Autumn red colour!) from a shop in Kirkcaldy that stock For Her and For Him at really good prices. 4 happy bridesmaids and a happy bride to be!

Ooo Miss LC, which shop in Kirkcaldy? I love the For Her and For Him stuff!! Were they expensive? Hope you don't mind me asking!

Sorry for the delay Nennypenny! It's Amore Couture, near the indoor market. No don't mind at all - they were about 107 each but I got them for 96.80 each as I bought four!

I recently had this exact same problem and found the high street really limited. I actually got a dress from David's Bridal at Braehead in Glasgow. They're really well priced and their own designs come in beautiful colours including a variety of deep reds (I personally went Sangria). They're more high street than bridal boutique.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzy View Post
    I recently had this exact same problem and found the high street really limited. I actually got a dress from David's Bridal at Braehead in Glasgow. They're really well priced and their own designs come in beautiful colours including a variety of deep reds (I personally went Sangria). They're more high street than bridal boutique.
    Oh I am so happy you said that Kezzy, I was thinking of heading to David's Bridal. Now I think it's a must!! X

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk