Thread: Obsessing!

Default Obsessing!

I am getting married in just over 9 months but find myself obsessing over every little detail. I think about the wedding pretty much all day at work and distracted at night trawling websites, pinterest etc.

I this normal? Im hoping that it stops or its going to make for a very long year. Having some family problems too and as it stands just now my dad isn't invited to the wedding.

I know every bride wants their day to be perfect but im feeling a little out of control at the moment.

Does anyone have any advice. Feel ive talked to my friends about it that much they are all getting a bit fed up. xxx

I know how you feel! I get married in just over 6 months and since new year have found myself thinking or planning things for the day, every hour of the day! trying to keep most of it to myself as aware that I could be annoying friends/family so I try not to mention it unless they ask things first, then I can't stop talking about it!

I think its normal though, you want the day to be perfect and theres a lot to do, if you are having family troubles as well then this would be a nice escape to think of nice things that will be happening down the road, although hopefully family stuff will get sorted and that will be a bit of stress off you

Advice I could suggest just based on what I am doing myself is try to limit wedding things to lunchtimes/an hour in evening and maybe go for a walk/go to the gym to take your mind off it - how has your other half been with planning etc as its good to just talk to them about everything that you want to plan or go over things? even just if you feel you've talked to your friends a lot about it, or just come on here and chat away as we've all been in that situation!

feeling out of control isn't good, is that just as it is still a good bit away so you can't tick things off the list properly? I was like that before and all I can say is that it does get easier and once you have confirmed something and ticked it off, you do feel a lot more in control!

Platinum Member

Try to relax, what is worrying you now you won’t think of on the day as to be honest it doesn’t really matter, the morning of our wedding I was called in to the ceremony room by the venue dresser as the aisle runner didn’t fit - we got married in a different room to what the norm is at the venue so it didn’t fit the room we were in, I shrugged my shoulders & said ah don’t worry about it its fine! – where as tell me that there was a problem the week before & I think I’d have hit the roof. We also had people cancel 9pm the night before which meant table plan was ruined & money wasted & it was really no big loss to our day (the money annoyed me obv!) It’s normal to stress but try to put things out your mind, the main thing to remember is who you are marrying that is all that matters. Chances are you will start to calm down & look forward to your day or to it being over & that you’re married. Your so caught up in it all that you really do miss the tiny details you’ve been stressing over for months

Thanks girls, its good to know im not going off my head and there are others out there. I am trying to do slimming world as well and its not going as great as I had hoped so I think its just adding to the stress. Walking is definitely a good idea and im starting swimming this week as well so hopefully that will make me relax a bit. It doesn't keep me awake at night or anything but it definitely is in my head all day long.

My fiancÚ is brilliant, he just lets me crack on with it really. He reigns me in when he think im getting a bit carried away. lol.

I don't think the family issues will be resolved but hopefully I can draw a line under it all and just focus on the positives.

To do list is slowly going down but its daunting looking at what still needs to be done/paid for. I feel bad for my workmates and their daily wedding updates. They don't complain though thankfully! Thanks for your much needed advice. xxx

Platinum Member

Everyone on facebook seems to be doing slimming world these days lol. Just do what you can do & don’t worry about everyone else, as long as you & your fiance are happy