Thread: Bridesmaid.

Default Bridesmaid.

Looking for some advice. When I first got engaged I ask my best friend to be my bridesmaid. I wanted one in place to start helping me with planning. I always knew that once I had the venue sorted and the main deposits paid I would ask a couple more friends to be bridesmaids. However when I told the first bridesmaid she said I didn't need anyone else... I feel really awkward now as she has made an issue out of something that isn't an issues and do u think the other bridesmaids would feel like I didn't care enough to ask them at the start. Now I'm panicking because I want them to be bridesmaids.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Could you say its for the balance, your fiance is having 3 groomsmen so you'd like to have 3 bridesmaids? Not saying she's right to feel it but her feelings may be hurt if she thought she was going to be the only one and felt really important, but now feels you won't need her as much. I know I can feel upset by stuff sometimes even though rationally I know I shouldn't. With the other bridesmaids I think they'll just be pleased you asked.

We had discussed there would be more. I'm assuming that's how she feels and because I have left it a couple of months she thought I wasn't going to ask anyone else. I sat her down and made sure she understood it wasn't going to mean I needed her any less. I hope that in a month or so she is used to it and it won't affect anything, right now I am just worried of getting the other bridesmaids involved now I don't want her to fee put out but at the same time we are all a really close group of friends so it shouldn't matter hopefully. Fingers crossed I am just a paranoid bride. Thanks for replying.