Thread: Venue Booking Blues :(

Default Venue Booking Blues :(

Just a bit of a vent here ladies but any words it encouragement would be welcomed!!

We got engaged in August last year and agreed on a 2018 wedding and pretty much from the get go I knew what venue I wanted. I contacted them and was sent the brochure however I was told that as of yet they didn't have their price list for 2018. She explained this was because they were going to be making some improvements over the next few years and so were trying to work out the new pricing.
    I viewed the venue in October and as expected fell in love with it. There really isn't anywhere I want to get married! I was told then that I still couldn't book however they expected it to all be available by December.
    I emailed them at the start of December but was told that they were still not released. In the email there was no further indication on when they would be released.
    I've emailed again yesterday asking when they will be released and if I can even pay a deposit to secure the date but have had another reply telling me the same, not finalised yet and no indication of what/when it will be.

I'm getting increasingly frustrated and upset about it and I'm not sure if I'm over reacting. Without a venue or date, I can't book anything else that I want to. Its now just over 2 years till the date I hope to get and there has been plenty more engagements over the festive period so plenty more eager brides like me will be planning for 2018 and so what if they book up the photographer, DJ etc I want on my date!

I really cannot imagine myself getting married anywhere else, I really do have my heart set on it but I can't feel as laid back as they clearly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How disappointing! Not our venue but I did come across vendors who didn't seem to be interested in securing business. What kind of venue is it? Is there anywhere else similar you could look at? I feel like wedding venues are used to booking so far ahead and if they aren't being helpful now, when they should be trying to secure a client, then what would they be like once they have a deposit. Maybe they have a good reason and if you explain you're now looking to take your business elsewhere they'll be more forthcoming.
    Good luck, I hope no matter what you end up with a venue you love.

Can I ask where the venue is? I wouldn't stress, it might not seem like it but 2018 is ages away. We are getting married September 2017 and so far only one out of the hundreds of suppliers I've emailed hasn't been available for our date, and actually loads of accommodation providers etc. are telling me I'm way too early to book and need to get back in touch in 6 months or so. It is annoying for you, especially when there's so much to do. Maybe use the time to go look at other venues? Just do it for the free champagne and fun but maybe you'll find something else you love as much. Or go see suppliers you like and get a short list together and prices, so that when you can book you can go for it. We have a date and every time I move on to a new thing on the list (right now photographers) I need to send so many emails and make so many calls and spend sooo long looking online at what's available and getting advice that it takes forever. You could do a lot of that work now, even without a firm date. I hope this helps! Fingers crossed they'll let you book soon.

Platinum Member

I would be feeling just as frustrated! Most suppliers will be taking 2018 bookings now too. I wouldn't be happy with their attitude and would also worry what their service will be like too and would have to look at other venues just to see if anything will live up to it or if your heart is so set on it you'll be assured that you're prepared to wait for it no matter what else you could potentially miss out on. Hope that makes sense! X

Platinum Member

Not wanting to put a dampner on things here but that does sound a little strange. My venue & a few we looked at were taking booking for 4-5 years ahead. Can you go in & visit & speak to the coordinator to try get a better feel of the place & them & so they can try explain why they cant let you at least pencil a date in if you are really wanting to get married there.

Hi ladies
    Thanks for your comments! Its the Barn at Dalduff in Ayrshire. The co-ordinator seems to have her hands tied as she is waiting on the owner deciding on the price for 2018 so as lovely as she has been and understanding of my concerns, it doesn't move things any quicker!
    I have looked at other venues and genuinely could not see past Dalduff. I do genuinely think that if I cannot book here that I will end up booking abroad. There doesn't seem to be much else I can do as they won't even pencil the date in and won't give me any indication as to when or how much!
    I'm just excited to plan everything and have looked into so much already. I've bought decorations and some hair pieces. I'm ready to book photographer, cake, transport, buy rings and I even have my first appointment for trying dresses on this Saturday! It feels a bit silly doing that without having a venue booked but I've spotted one I love xx

Could you speak to the co-ordinator and ask them to advise the owner that you need an answer by a particular date, otherwise you'll need to take your business elsewhere? Xx

Default Venue Booking Blues :(

Tried that MsCass ... Doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm just going to have to try and be patient! Not a quality I have normally ha xx

Try not to let it bother you. As soon as the prices are released I'm sure you will find out. I was down at Dalduff a few months back to have a look again and they were talking about things they were planning with the place. They must just be wanting to get things sorted first before they release the 2018 dates and prices xx

Yeah your right, they are making a few changes and it will all be amazing when its done. I know I'm def over reacting but I just want my wedding to be booked! She has said she hopes now for the end of Jan to fingers crossed xxx

This sucks for you Abbie but hopefully you are top of the list when they start bookings. Do you know what kind of changes they are planning? Xx

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

She told me a few months ago that they have plans to deck the outside barns and build some bar areas? Apparently for the pricing James is wanting to build a package which includes the farmhouse xxx

Ahh that sounds decent then, was worried they were gonna totally change things. They've said we can have the farmhouse for an extra 950, I think we'll probs end up getting it for convenience. Don't get too downhearted - you know they're not taking any bookings so you have such a great chance of getting your ideal date x

I'm booked!! Xx

Just came across this post. Glad you managed to get booked up. It is a lovely venue. I can understand them having to ensure they get things in place before releasing new pricing but likewise it must have been a stress for you being unsure if you could get your dream venue.

I saw the comments about people suggesting some brides were booking things too early. This may be the case with flowers, cake, dress etc. which there can be an infinte number of the same thing produced but there are a few suppliers (such as venue, entertainers, church, etc.) that if you have your heart set on then you should book as soon as you can because once they are booked you don't have access to them anymore.

Best Regards
    Graham
    * * * * * www.5StarDiscos.com - Professional Wedding Host, DJ & Ceilidh Caller * * * * *
    Ensure your Wedding gets the 5 Star treatment it deserves!

That's great news 😃

YAY!!! So pleased for you Abbie!! 😊