Thread: Scotland honeymoon

Default Scotland honeymoon

We're going away for a delayed short honeymoon this month. We're just away for 3 nights - one night each in Pitlochry, Edinburgh and Kenmore. We're going to a talk on the evening we're in Edinburgh but haven't any other definite plans. Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions of "honeymoony" things to do 😊

Fonab Castle in pitlochry is beautiful x

Thank you, does look lovely, but we've got accommodation booked, just no plans for what to do.

Hi I've just read your post gingerbride. I was in Pitlochry for a few days last July and we did loads. If your until climbing we climbed Ben Vrackie, went for walks round the town/lunch, played mini golf, and did river tubing through a company called Nae Limits who are just outside Pitlochry.

Hi gingerbride
    Check out Highland Safaris near Aberfeldy, it's only about 5 miles from Kenmore near Loch Tay. They do land rover safaris daily or you can go in and visit their red deer centre and feed them! It's a great visit, I was there in December on the one rain free day with friends from Italy and we all loved it!
    You can also stop in at the Hermitage, just off the main road before Pitlochry. park up the car and walk through the forest up to Ossians Cave. The waterfalls there are fantastic and the walk there in 'Big Tree Country' has some wonderful trails.
    Pitlochry also has a Theatre. Check out what's on when you are there.
    I also arranged a short tour of Scotland for customers from South Africa and I had them staying in the same area before going on to the Islands. As part of their trip I included Dunkeld in their itin. A lovely small Perthshire town with a beautiful ruined cathedral on the banks of the river.
    I can give you loads of great tips for Edinburgh if you like too. I've worked in travel and tourism for years and used to create and sell a lot of Edinburgh itins. I also own a SC flat there and have what to do info made up. I could email you a copy of what I give my customers if you like, it has links for the best restaurants etc as well!
    PM me and I will happily send it over to you.

The Enchanted Forest light show! Its great!! We went whilst on holiday last year and loved it! xx
    http://www.enchantedforest.org.uk