Thread: Bridesmaid making me a bridezilla!!

Default Bridesmaid making me a bridezilla!!

Help! I just need a vent ladies.

I have 4 BM's, 3 friends and 1 family member.
    They have completely different figures, I have 2 a size 8 and barely over 5ft, one a 12 and almost 6 ft and one with a fuller figure and really large chest. I love maxi dresses on a bridesmaid and am paying for their entire outfits including alterations because i know the dresses will need taken up on 3 of them. I ordered a dress and 3 love it but 1 doesn't not does she like any of the other suggestions i sent, even asked her advice but i need her to understand that her choices won't suit the other girls. I'd never make anyone wear anything they don't feel comfortable in but i feel because i am paying for it, have asked opinions and listened to their "do's and don't", spent months and money finding the dress (which honestly is not horrible at all)...
    Oh i feel like such a cow. I never got a choice in my bridesmaids dress at my cousins wedding and i would have worn a black bag because it wasn't my wedding. I even paid for that dress!

Anyone got anti-bridezilla spray??

Platinum Member

Might be best to take them in somewhere to look & try some on, i had a larger lady, a size 8-10 then someone under 5ft who was tiny so was important to get something they all felt comfortable in. Nothing worse than dreading something as your not comfortable or it shows your worst bits off! Any chance you can get different styles or even alter the same dress slightly? Best thing just now would be to get them together face to face to talk through any issues/fears some may have & take it from there, could be good wee excuse to get a girly day out at the shops

Thanks for your reply, I'm a bit calmer this morning lol. I totally agree I wouldn't want to wear something that made me look ugly or feel horrible. It's only one bm being like this. The others I've knows since school, I know what they don't like and all five of us have discussed what we like/don't like. I think the issue is the bm that isn't happy is only 19 and loves all the youthful dresses but I feel they're more like prom dresses and not as elegant. I asked her to help me decide on another one last night. I'd loooooooove nothing more than a girly shopping day but one of my friends is busier than santa at Christmas (except all year round lol) and I have a job, a degree and a six year old. It this other dress isn't working I'll need to arrange something in summer. Will I share the dress pics up here? Xx

Platinum Member

It is so hard to please everyone but both of those dresses are lovely, I actually bought the little mistress one & it fits beautifully, hides the lumps/bumps perfectly too, I only returned it as funnily enough it was too bridesmaidy (it was for a wedding) I heard the maids were in something that was beaded so I returned it. Did she tell you why she doesn***8217;t like them? As bad as it sounds you always get someone who will nit pick at anything & everything & have a problem with everything, or if not there***8217;ll face will just trip them (can tell I totally loved my bridesmaid experience of my own wedding lol) Gosh you have your hands full there! Try talking to her & seeing if there is any other reason why she wouldn***8217;t like them, different if its body issues but if its just that she doesn***8217;t like it then hmm that***8217;s bit different especially if the rest do

Did you really? I was worried it wasn't bridesmaid enough as well lol. Well apparently she likes this one so we will just wait and see. Oh I'm glad most people on here will understand this dilemma! I'm taking my mum and MOH to buy my dress and that's it. I don't care if noses are out of joint for that, ideally I'd just go on my own lol. I thought that dress would suit all so I am glad you said that! Thank you ***128536;***128536;***128536;***128536;

Super Senior Platinum Member

They are both beautiful dresses.

I was lucky as my bm's were all pleased to go with my colour scheme and they then had free rein on the dress they chose but we just had to make sure it was appropriate for my 13 year old niece so we added shoe string straps to hers.

Ultimately it is your day and if you are paying you should have a say in what they wear anyway.

I'm sure you will find a dress everyone likes but I know for me it was a relief to get a dress they all liked. X X

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amyelle View Post
    Did you really? I was worried it wasn't bridesmaid enough as well lol. Well apparently she likes this one so we will just wait and see. Oh I'm glad most people on here will understand this dilemma! I'm taking my mum and MOH to buy my dress and that's it. I don't care if noses are out of joint for that, ideally I'd just go on my own lol. I thought that dress would suit all so I am glad you said that! Thank you ***63000;***63000;***63000;***63000;
    Take who you want, i took my mum & that was it. I found it such a personal moment I didn't want an audience so do what is right for you & only you!

Platinum Member

Is it all sorted now? I wore a dress that I hated and felt was so frumpy when I was my cousin's BM. There were only two BMs, we both loved one dress and hated the other but felt it was the bride's choice so put up with it. I think unless it's body issues BMs should just put up with it as its so hard! It sounds like you've been more than fair and reasonable. I'd be happy in either of the dresses you've chosen!

went with the silver/grey maxi, now the shoes are an issue because they have a bit of glitter..... Other BM's love them and i know they are comfy shoes. The won't really be seen but I have decided not to get stressed anymore because even the hair style conversation ( I want their hair up for that dress and have offered to pay and let then decide what style they want and choose whatever headwear really) went down like a sinking ship. Wear what you're given, or be a regular guest .

Platinum Member

Glad the dress is sorted, it all sounds like a total nightmare, poor you!