Thread: Virgin gift list

Default Virgin gift list

Has anyone ever used Virgins gift list service to allow people to contribute to your honeymoon fund? Is this really cheeky or infact quite common? My h2b and I have lived together for years so everyone knows we don't need pots and pans and the usual stuff...

thanks in advance!!

Advertiser

I work for Thomas Cook and we find many of our customers use Thomas Cook gift vouchers to contribute towards their honeymoon, its very common and some of my very close friends have done the same thing.
    Emma

Hi, I have the same dilemma! We've also lived together for over 3 years so we don't need any household gifts. We'd love to ask our guests to contribute towards our honeymoon but I don't want to come across as rude/cheeky so we're trying to decide how to go about it x

Hi MrsEllisToBe

More and more people know about Gift lists for Weddings and contributing to Honeymoons is no different. I have arranged many now and often my Honeymooners do feel a bit embarrassed to ask initially but I tell them if it is done in a professional way with a quality feel, then it's possible to really make your guests feel they are part of your Wedding in a much bigger way than attending! I have some great ideas about how to incorporate that into your Wedding plans and have some great ideas of how to 'word' your request.
    At Travel Counsellors I arrange a Bridal Registry and it comes with a beautiful Ivory keepsake box filled with little cards that you slip in with your Wedding invites. (I can also pre-write up them for you if you wish in the ink colour of your choice - to match your invites, gold/silver/black). It gives your guests a code and they go online and up comes a lovely photo of you as a couple (you provide that and I will load it for you! Many use a lovely Holiday pic!). Then your guests will read a small personal message from you. It's all very professionally and tastefully done and so far my Honeymooners have loved it!
    I also gift the box to you from me so there is no charge to do it.
    When your guests have made their contribution a message pops up to say thank you (from you and again in your own words)! I also include thank you cards that can be sent to your guests after your wedding.
    I would be happy to send you the email that has all the info in and a picture of the box and cards so you can see it for yourself. Just PM me or message me here and I will be happy to do that.

The feedback I have had from previous Honeymooners that used my service is that their guests loved it and one particular couple said their Granny thought it was just great and gave them 500!!! Nice Granny!!! At the end of the day people nowadays have less time and are always worried if they are buying the right thing. This makes it easy for them and I know when I have a wedding invite and there is something similar in with the invite I am relieved I don't have to go searching for the 'right' gift to buy them!
    I hope this helps!
    Marisa
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEllisToBe View Post
    Has anyone ever used Virgins gift list service to allow people to contribute to your honeymoon fund? Is this really cheeky or infact quite common? My h2b and I have lived together for years so everyone knows we don't need pots and pans and the usual stuff...

thanks in advance!!