Thread: Christmas

Platinum Member

Default Christmas

Our first Christmas married & in our house so have decided to have some family up for Christmas dinner – seemed a good idea months ago when we asked lol

Thinking keeping it traditional (first time for everything) & making turkey & also a ham joint, & all the usual trimmings

So what’s everyone else doing, what you cooking – I’m always on look out for some new/different ideas for the food/table/décor etc/ any pressies your hoping for

Not sure if it’s because we don’t have a wedding to plan through this Christmas but I’m really looking forward to it this year, already had a wee day in town (Glasgow) with the market & Christmas drinks, going back in this weekend

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

It's exciting isn't it? We had our first christmas married & in our own home last year but my mum had us for dinner. We're doing it this year and I'm excited too lol must be the organisation and preparation! We'll be doing turkey with trimmings and some scrummy desserts. Getting into the festive spirit a bit now!xx

We're getting married 2 weeks on Sunday so Christmas is on the back burner a wee bit. We've done out Christmas shopping though and are going to dad's for Christmas, will be weird buying the first 'husband' card so soon after the wedding xx

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Platinum Member

Glad I’m not the only one who’s excited! Spent lastnight online looking at the food shops, think I’ve narrowed the desserts down to 4 lol

Aaw Jron you’ll still be on such a high from the wedding as well

Dying to put the tree up but just tad too early still

Can't believe Christmas is 4 weeks away. We are just staying up here, the two of us. Our first Christmas as a married couple but it will also be our last Christmas just the two of us...
    Engaged in New York February 2013, getting married February 2015

Aw! Bigapple, that's great news! Congratulations! Xx

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Platinum Member

Aaw that's lovely congratulations!

Congratulations xx

Donna x

Advertisers Jim - Scotland's Party DJ's Avatar

Congratulations Hannah!!! Give my regards to Robert.

This is our first Christmas as an engaged couple and (I was not the driving force behind this decision) have decided to host dinner for my parents, her parents, my gran, sister, brother in law and nephew. 11 people all in ourselves included and then more to come at night no doubt.

We have a friends wedding to attend on Boxing Day too :/

I'm doing the soup, canapes and desserts so going for curried butternut squash soup, Nutella cheesecake, a weird icecream cake thing I'm stealing from Nigella and another dessert that I haven't decided on yet - maybe some Jamaican Ginger cake.

I love cooking and have been having a good wee practice (I've kai boshed a few soups and just about perfected the final recipe) MissScotland'sPartyDJ2b on the other hand is very much planning on doing everything off the cuff and keeping a take away menu in the drawer just incase.

I was super picky about the Christmas party night gigs I took on this year so for a change I'm actually quite looking forward to the run up to Christmas and even enjoying the tunes because I won't be spending December listening to them over and over at gigs.

Have a great one folks.

Jim
    Jim Moore - Scotland's Party DJ
    DJ, Vocalist, Host, Ceilidh Calling and more
    www.scotlandspartydj.com
    Facebook

Thank you ladies and gents for your congratulations. We are both delighted.

I hate Christmas dinner so this year we are going to have a slow cooker curry, home made prawn pakora, nann bread and undecided on the pudding yet. We have two of the nosiest cats going so no Christmas tree for us either. Looking forward to it.
    Engaged in New York February 2013, getting married February 2015

Platinum Member

Oooh Jim that sounds lovely, I’ve been watching Jamie & Nigella on the cooking channels for inspiration, Nigella always makes it look so easy & stressfree! I love cooking but I do tend to worry about the timings, started my list already!
    We are having prawn cocktail (I’m skipping the starter – don’t like it & too much to do) I make my own sauce so will do that xmas eve along making the stuffing so that saves time on xmas day.

Hannah how easy is the pakora, home made sounds amazing! Be a dish every night of the week if I could lol

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigApple View Post
    Can't believe Christmas is 4 weeks away. We are just staying up here, the two of us. Our first Christmas as a married couple but it will also be our last Christmas just the two of us...
    Congratulations!!! xx