Thread: 4 months to go - feel like I'm forgetting something...

Default 4 months to go - feel like I'm forgetting something...

Hello there!

I haven't been on here for months. I don't know what happened, but once all the immediate booking and deposits paid I sort of put our wedding on the back burner and tried to not think about it. We got engaged in November and are marrying in February '16. I believed that time would creep by and I'd be bored and frustrated, but my God it has done the opposite! 4 months! I'm sitting here like it's just dawned on me... Anybody else feeling a tad overwhelmed?? How can I know I've done everything I need to do??

Vx

Hiya

I'm excactly the same boat as you. I'm getting married 5 months today and the fear and panic has set in!

I feel like I've still got loads to do and despite having a million lists and spreadsheets, I feel like I'm missing something and it's going to dawn on me the week beforet the wedding then it'll be too late! It's all so overwhelming...I feel your pain.

E xxx

Ladies, don't panic!

I'm 8 weeks yesterday and feeling pretty organised. I had the same feeling as you both do and set ourselves 1 thing per week to sort out, it's amazing what you can get done.

There will be things on your to do lists that you can't do yet, dress fittings, beauty appointments, tableplans etc. It was about 4 months out I started making appointments for these things, at least I felt like I was making progress!

I just had my hair and makeup trial on Saturday which I loved, using Laura Allan who was just brilliant and finalised things with our florist, photographer and videographer this weekend too. That feels like a big task.

All that's left to do apart from the fittings and the like are the tableplan, making up our centerpieces and the delivering of various bits to all the different places and sorting out the route for the bus. We're working on the table plan this week and the rest it's too soon to do yet anyway! Still have a couple of gifts to sort but that's all.

Unless, I'm forgetting something!!

At the end of the day, as long as both you, he, the guests and the celebrant turn up, that's all you need!

Xx

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I'm not alone!

I feel like I'm almost doubting decisions I made 6 months ago. Not entirely, but some things I'm thinking 'will that be ok?' I also can't picture how it's all going to look which is stressful....

Just to add... I actually think the best thing to do is read lots of posts on here, because there's always something mentioned somewhere that makes you go 'Oh God, the cake stand!!'

We are getting married in 5 months and I am panicking that I'm not panicking, Ha! I don't have any spreadsheets or anything and I'm not too sure what I should be doing just now!! All the 'big' things are done...I think 😂

Ladies, I'm now just over 5 weeks and not panicking yet! I guess it's as stressful as you make it!

The thing that's stressing me most is other people asking if I'm stressed yet!!! X

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Platinum Member

Aaaw totally natural! Get making lists, even lists of lists lol, so you know your totally organised & not forgetting anything. I got married feb this year & this time last year we were waiting on the rsvps, so then chased then when needed to & finalised the menu with venue. I also started to make the favours up, I had hair/make up trial first week in December. I had my lists started of what was going where & when, ie boxes of table decs marked up for venue, this box for morning of etc, done our own candy buffet so had sorted all the jars, sweets, labels by this point too.

Firstly make sure your all sorted, you have dress,shoes hair clips/tiaras (depending what your doing) then start checking/finalising rest of wedding party. You will start to calm down a bit, If you had things planned for after Christmas try look into them earlier I found after Christmas the time disappeared

Thanks ladies. You lot should be bloody panicking, we're getting married! Kidding....

Was up to my elbows in double-sided sticky tape and ribbon making invites, and those have finally gone (late). My dress has arrived and been tried on, got fittings booked for December and first week in February. Still have loads to do, but apart from my usual lists I had a 'brainstorming' session (in reality just scribbling down things I haven't done yet while browsing Pinterest!)

Pinterest is ruining me!!!!