Thread: Under 9 months to go!

Default Under 9 months to go!

Ok so...9 months to go! What the actual hell!? Where did that time go!?

So far we are pretty much set. I just need to find my veil, tiara/headpiece, shoes. Bridesmaids accessories, coaches and invitations! Plus the gifts and wee bits like favours etc.

How is everyone else getting on?

It's coming up for our 5 year anniversary in December and can't believe next year at this time I will be Mrs Birse! I cannot wait! I think I'm past the freaking out stage, I now actually feel like a bride to be again! Did anyone else have that 'I'm planning a wedding but keep forgetting it's my own wedding' kinda feeling?

Xxx
    Claire & Darren, Piperdam, July 2016

Very exciting!! We have 8months to go cannot wait!!! Cant beleive how quick its went!!!

I have to get shoes/headpeice/jewellery and bmaid accessories, gifts, favors, kilts.

This next bit will be the most exciting I think as we get to pick all our wee touches, decor etc!!

Where ru getting married? We r getting married at a church in Clydebank then Rosslea hall hotel.

Xx

Hey.I am the same, just over nine months to go! When are your big days ladies? I have got accessories and gifts to get too and a few wee decor bits. And save up more.money lol xxx

Quote Originally Posted by samolivia View Post
    Very exciting!! We have 8months to go cannot wait!!! Cant beleive how quick its went!!!

I have to get shoes/headpeice/jewellery and bmaid accessories, gifts, favors, kilts.

This next bit will be the most exciting I think as we get to pick all our wee touches, decor etc!!

Where ru getting married? We r getting married at a church in Clydebank then Rosslea hall hotel.

Xx
    Aw lovely! I know! Everyone said it would fly in and I was like yeah yeah whatever! Lol but omg it's gone by in a flash! I just got my tiara today actually! Got 20% off it too! Win! Lol yeah its the nitty gritty bits that are exciting I think, I've bought some little organza bags from eBay for my favours for the ladies (going to put candles in them) as the purple ready made up ones aren't the same as the purple i'm having. Just need to start collecting a selection of miniature malts now for the dudes!

Aw lovely I've just had a wee nosey at your venue it's beautiful! We're getting married at Piperdam Golf Resort just outside Dundee! xxx

Quote Originally Posted by MrsGWtobe View Post
    Hey.I am the same, just over nine months to go! When are your big days ladies? I have got accessories and gifts to get too and a few wee decor bits. And save up more.money lol xxx
    Ahhh exciting!!! We're the 16th July!

Yeah it's kinda just the wee bits now at this point and just the kilts and stuff. Yeah god tell me about it, I got promoted last month thank goodness or I'd have no clue how to pay for it all! Lol xxx

I'm getting married on the 16th July too! You sound much further on in the planning stages than me, but things have been moving much quicker recently so hopefully I'll catch up soon! I still haven't got my own dress, although next week I'm definitely going to find it. I have lots of appointments lined up! x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMrsBirse View Post
    Ok so...9 months to go! What the actual hell!? Where did that time go!?

So far we are pretty much set. I just need to find my veil, tiara/headpiece, shoes. Bridesmaids accessories, coaches and invitations! Plus the gifts and wee bits like favours etc.

How is everyone else getting on?

It's coming up for our 5 year anniversary in December and can't believe next year at this time I will be Mrs Birse! I cannot wait! I think I'm past the freaking out stage, I now actually feel like a bride to be again! Did anyone else have that 'I'm planning a wedding but keep forgetting it's my own wedding' kinda feeling?

Xxx
    Hey!

I totally know what you mean when you say you're planning a wedding but forget it's yours! I don't think it will actually become real until I pick up the dress.

I am getting married in May so have about 7 months to go. I still have to buy kilts, bridal accessories (including shoes & veil), invitations, a coach for guests and the cake. I also have to pick up some bits and pieces for table decorations.

I am am so excited about it now though I just want it to be here. I have also really the planning phase.

It will be our 5 year anniversary in November! Are you celebrating yours? We have just booked a big honeymoon to make up for keeping it low key this year. Every penny counts!! X

Quote Originally Posted by LornaB View Post
    I'm getting married on the 16th July too! You sound much further on in the planning stages than me, but things have been moving much quicker recently so hopefully I'll catch up soon! I still haven't got my own dress, although next week I'm definitely going to find it. I have lots of appointments lined up! x

Aw date twins! Haha! To be fair we've had the venue booked since February last year and it's been all go since then although I did face a planning lull at one point where I got quite down cos nothing was happening but now I'm enjoying it now cos I can actually see things coming together!

Aw I'd love to go shopping for my dress all over again, felt like I was playing dress up haha! Good luck finding it! Do you know what style you like? Xxx

Quote Originally Posted by kelLGN View Post
    Hey!

I totally know what you mean when you say you're planning a wedding but forget it's yours! I don't think it will actually become real until I pick up the dress.

I am getting married in May so have about 7 months to go. I still have to buy kilts, bridal accessories (including shoes & veil), invitations, a coach for guests and the cake. I also have to pick up some bits and pieces for table decorations.

I am am so excited about it now though I just want it to be here. I have also really the planning phase.

It will be our 5 year anniversary in November! Are you celebrating yours? We have just booked a big honeymoon to make up for keeping it low key this year. Every penny counts!! X
    I'm so glad someone understands lol. We're looking at coaches just now I'm leaving that to my fiancÚ lol he feels a bit useless cos it's been all frills and lace to this point bless him haha!

I know I'm like that now too I'm literally counting down the days! So exciting! Although I'm dreading the guest list part! Lol

Think we will go out for a meal this year and that's about it. We usually go to Edinburgh for the Christmas Market because that's where he proposed but every penny has to go to the wedding, so same as you just a low key one for us. We're hopefully booking honeymoon soon might do it at Christmas time. Where are you thinking for honeymoon? Xxx

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the dress-shopping! Just hope I find something I love! Not very sure on preferred styles at the moment - in my head I'm thinking more slim-fitting than full-skirt, and I love lace - but that could all change once I start trying on dresses and I'm open to suggestions at the appointment too! How many dresses did you have to try on before you found The One?

Quote Originally Posted by LornaB View Post
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the dress-shopping! Just hope I find something I love! Not very sure on preferred styles at the moment - in my head I'm thinking more slim-fitting than full-skirt, and I love lace - but that could all change once I start trying on dresses and I'm open to suggestions at the appointment too! How many dresses did you have to try on before you found The One?

Yeah I was the same I went into it with an open mind although I've always wanted lace and a full skirt which I ended up going for lol. I tried on slim fitting ones but they didn't suit my figure unfortunately. I went to 3 different shops, thought I found 'The One' in the second shop, at that point it was around 7 to 8 dresses altogether that I had tried on but we had already booked an appointment at The Bridal Studio in Dollar and thought I'd go to keep my mum and auntie happy, because in my mind I had already found it...how wrong I was haha I tried on another 4 maybe and then I found it! I knew straight away, I didn't know how I would react but I cried, that to me was the sign. So all in all I tried on ALOT of dresses but I definitely needed to in order for me to make the right decision.

I'd say take your time, don't let anyone rush you. And there's some dresses you may not like on so just don't waste any time on them and move on to the next. Do try on the ones suggested to you too because thats how i found mine. it's so exciting! Choosing my dress has been the best bit so far! Lol xxx

I'm so glad someone understands lol. We're looking at coaches just now I'm leaving that to my fiancÚ lol he feels a bit useless cos it's been all frills and lace to this point bless him haha!

I know I'm like that now too I'm literally counting down the days! So exciting! Although I'm dreading the guest list part! Lol

Think we will go out for a meal this year and that's about it. We usually go to Edinburgh for the Christmas Market because that's where he proposed but every penny has to go to the wedding, so same as you just a low key one for us. We're hopefully booking honeymoon soon might do it at Christmas time. Where are you thinking for honeymoon? Xxx

For our honeymoon we have booked a week in Sorrento, then flying to Nice for 3 night and finishing with 4 night in Paris. We want to start a family once we are married and wanted to see a few places we haven't been. We'd also like to fit in NYC if we can afford it after the wedding - maybe for our 6 year anniversary Do you have any ideas on where you want to go on honeymoon?

We popped into the shop where my fiancÚ bought my wedding ring - it was just meant to be to check out what was available. Well... I tried on a few and before I knew it the sales assistant has me putting down a 10% deposit just to order in to try on! potential rings for my partner and I! I'm starting to panic as i see the number in the savings account getting lower and lower!! X

For our honeymoon we have booked a week in Sorrento, then flying to Nice for 3 night and finishing with 4 night in Paris. We want to start a family once we are married and wanted to see a few places we haven't been. We'd also like to fit in NYC if we can afford it after the wedding - maybe for our 6 year anniversary Do you have any ideas on where you want to go on honeymoon?

We popped into the shop where my fiancÚ bought my wedding ring - it was just meant to be to check out what was available. Well... I tried on a few and before I knew it the sales assistant has me putting down a 10% deposit just to order in to try on! potential rings for my partner and I! I'm starting to panic as i see the number in the savings account getting lower and lower!! X
    Wow! That sounds absolutely amazing! We thought about Sorrento too funnily enough! We've not 100% decided yet but we're saying towards Mexico. It's just somewhere I've always wanted to see and thought what better time than our honeymoon! But we also like Santorini...Arrrghhh! We are the most indecisive people ever! We can barely decide what to have for tea! Haha!

Really!? Will you get that back even if you don't go for that ring? I know what you mean though I got promoted at work and I've not had a penny from it to myself lol its all went to the wedding and more. But im starting to see things getting paid which is taking some strain off. xxx

Wow! That sounds absolutely amazing! We thought about Sorrento too funnily enough! We've not 100% decided yet but we're saying towards Mexico. It's just somewhere I've always wanted to see and thought what better time than our honeymoon! But we also like Santorini...Arrrghhh! We are the most indecisive people ever! We can barely decide what to have for tea! Haha!

Really!? Will you get that back even if you don't go for that ring? I know what you mean though I got promoted at work and I've not had a penny from it to myself lol its all went to the wedding and more. But im starting to see things getting paid which is taking some strain off. xxx

If we decide we don't like the rings it is fully refundable. I just think it's a bit much to ask just to order sizes into a branch! Fingers crossed we will be happy with them and that will be another thing ticked off the list. Going BM accessory shopping tomorrow with my two BMs. A bit nervous as to how it will go as they are very different!

We were also looking at Santorini! It looks beautiful, pure luxury and relaxation! My H2B can't really sit on his bum for too long so that was the decider for us! Also, I don't think you can fly from anywhere in Scotland. You could have a couple of nights in London beforehand though - a little minimoon! X

If we decide we don't like the rings it is fully refundable. I just think it's a bit much to ask just to order sizes into a branch! Fingers crossed we will be happy with them and that will be another thing ticked off the list. Going BM accessory shopping tomorrow with my two BMs. A bit nervous as to how it will go as they are very different!

We were also looking at Santorini! It looks beautiful, pure luxury and relaxation! My H2B can't really sit on his bum for too long so that was the decider for us! Also, I don't think you can fly from anywhere in Scotland. You could have a couple of nights in London beforehand though - a little minimoon! X
    Aw ok that's alright then but yeah I agree a bit too much just for ordering them in! Hopefully you both like them then!

Do you have the dresses for them then? I'm in the middle of ordering mine now I've got mine from online as I have 4 BM's and wanted to keep the cost down. I ordered one as a test and I LOVE it! And thankfully so do they! Lol yeah all mine are different too, what accessories are you looking for?

Well we've thought about flying from England as it seems to be cheaper, even for Mexico as well so we'll need to price it up. But yeah I'd love to do something like that! I've never been to London for pleasure only ever on work trips. Xxx

Hi ladies, we are also getting married on 16th July. It's not long now. Starting to worry about budget now that everything is booked and we are paying it. One of my best friends is getting married in May next year so that is costing us a lot with the hen and wedding. Have you planned your hen? X

I'm a July 2016 bride as well and starting to get really freaked out at just how little time it is to go! its lovely but I think after Christmas I will start to panic that we have forgotten things, despite my millions of spreadsheets and to do lists I've already got drafted up! is nice to know the big things are organised and can relax a bit until January when I will get my wedding planning hat on again and tick off the rest of the things, I've left my hen totally up to my maid of honour and bridesmaid and literally just told them to tell me the date so I can get it off work, I think it is nearly booked though from what they have said in the last week or two which is exciting but I also don't really like not knowing what is planned so just trying to forget all about it or it will drive me mad!

I think the only thing I've really left thinking about is presents for bridesmaids, what are you all thinking? I thought of getting them robes and jewellery for the day but having spoken to some other friends some of them went way over the top with presents whilst others just thought the dress and shoes for the day, so hard to know what to do for the best, least I only have 2 to think about though! I ordered their dresses last week and surprised that they take so long, they won't be in until mid April! my own dress is taking less time than theirs! xx

I have got my 2 bridesmaids dresses, hair and make up and jewellery. They are going to get their own shoes because they want different styles- one wants designer high heels and the other flats. I was going to look out for a spa day closer to the time if budget allows for us.
    I feel like I need to organise my hen myself because both bridesmaids said they will speak to each other about it and when I ask they say that they don't want to step on each other's toes. They are both so different- one wanted a spa night(she doesn't drink) and one wanted a weekend away. When speaking to friends we agreed weekend away would be best so I have left it with them and nothing has been done yet. They haven't contacted anyone to suggest anything so I don't know whether to just try sort something myself or not have one. X

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmccormack View Post
    I have got my 2 bridesmaids dresses, hair and make up and jewellery. They are going to get their own shoes because they want different styles- one wants designer high heels and the other flats. I was going to look out for a spa day closer to the time if budget allows for us.
    I feel like I need to organise my hen myself because both bridesmaids said they will speak to each other about it and when I ask they say that they don't want to step on each other's toes. They are both so different- one wanted a spa night(she doesn't drink) and one wanted a weekend away. When speaking to friends we agreed weekend away would be best so I have left it with them and nothing has been done yet. They haven't contacted anyone to suggest anything so I don't know whether to just try sort something myself or not have one. X
    If it helps, I have 3 very different bridesmaids who all want to do something different. They are organising a weekend in Glasgow - one is organising the accommodation and pamper night in on the Friday and lunch on Saturday, another is organising the night out on the Saturday and the other is organising a spa day for the Sunday. My friends and family will then have the options of what they'd like to attend. Some have said they'd like to attend the full thing but others can't commit to full weekend due to finances/family life etc so they may just make one part of it. Hopefully it means over that weekend I'll get to spend time with all my loved ones. I'll be burnt out by the Sunday no doubt! Xx

Donna x