Thread: Unusual Song Choices

Default Unusual Song Choices

Just wondering what the unusual song choices people are having on their big day? Whether it's ceremony music, first dance, a mash up or just something unique throughout the night at the disco?

I have seen some great examples of people putting their own musical stamp on their big day. When I think I have seen it all, someone asks 'Would you be able to do this?' and asks for something that would never have crossed my mind! It is nice to be given a bit of a challenge of how to make music work that maybe wouldn't be standard in an evening reception.

So is there anything unique you are planning that will make your Wedding disco or band stand out and be memorable?

Best Regards
    Graham
    Professional Wedding DJ Glasgow, Edinburgh and Scotland
    www.5stardiscos.com
    * * * * * www.5StarDiscos.com - Professional Wedding Host, DJ & Ceilidh Caller * * * * *
    Ensure your Wedding gets the 5 Star treatment it deserves!

I had Frank Zappa - Dancin' Fool as my father daughter dance.

Our DJ also downloaded the St Johnstone (my team) Cup Final song for me, Fair Maid by the Shrugs and it was played on the big day which I was delighted with
    Engaged in New York February 2013, getting married February 2015

Platinum Member

We opened & closed our reception how The Stone Roses do their gigs, after first dance which was Shed Seven, I wanna be adored started & we finished the night with I Am The Resurrection. We thought it more important to put our likes in there rather than stick to tradition with even the ceremony music too. All about the couple getting married so why not!

Our first dance is going to be Sunshine on Leith - it's a favourite of ours and I love the line "while I'm worth my room on this earth, I'll be with you". I think it's an unusual one but I might be wrong and it's a popular choice...!? Our band do a great rendition of Caledonia so that'll be the last song of the night - something a bit different from 2 recent family weddings which went with the traditional Loch Lomond I had thought about music from Dr Who during the ceremony (not the theme tune, a bit more subtle!) but we've gone for a piper in the end. Can't wait!

Sounds great ladies. I personally think it is great to try and add your own little unique stamp on your big day.
    * * * * * www.5StarDiscos.com - Professional Wedding Host, DJ & Ceilidh Caller * * * * *
    Ensure your Wedding gets the 5 Star treatment it deserves!

Our exit music from the registry office was the waltz from Sleeping Beauty and then during the disco at night we really mixed it up. We had a bit of Bon Jovi, Basshunter, Five, Steps, the Slosh etc but two things really topped our wedding off. 1 - we had a Black lace set so we were doing Agadoo, the Music Man, the Conga (which is very interesting in a wedding dress) - the reason for this was we were both born in the 80's and any school discos played these everytime and we wanted modern but retro 2 - my now husband snuck off during the buffet and came back in wearing a naval outfit with Where We Belong (An Office and a Gentleman) playing which then faded into You Can Keep Your Hat On. Everyone is still raving about how good our wedding and especially our reception was cause it was true to us