Thread: Plans Post Wedding

Default Plans Post Wedding

Hi everyone

What are everyone's plans post-wedding? We have jumped straight into thinking about re-decorating our flat to hopefully sell it at some point. Funnily enough my new hubby is much more interested in this planning than the wedding planning LOL!

Julie x

Platinum Member

We married in feb, started doing whole house up from April. Taking time & doing room by room as not letting it interfere too much with day to day lives & also hubby is pretty hopeless lol so it’s mainly down to me, taking a step back once some new carpets arrive (any day now) & then getting prepared for our first Christmas as husband & wife & in first one in our house, I’m actually pretty excited about that & hoping to do xmas dinner for a few of the family – might regret that!

Married 26/9 and funnily enough - we are looking at doing my flat up too. Looking at taking on new college course or two and keep up the dancing.
    it seems so strange now its done and dusted seem to have so much time ( not that I'm doing anything productive with it)

We got married in February and had a wee break. We've now started redecorating one of our spare bedrooms and have just bought a new kitchen to be fitted February coming!
    Engaged in New York February 2013, getting married February 2015

Platinum Member

Haha I love how we all seem to be redecorating now

I was thinking that too - seems to be the next step after getting wed! Its nice to hear what everyone else is up to now.

Julie

Super Senior Member

We're going to start the 'family' house hunt in the New Year, have enjoyed being wedding-free and having our money be our own since June, but two of my close friends got engaged last month, and a couple of my friends are getting married next year so henny msgs are starting to come through - i now miss weddings!!!
    Once the house hunt is under way im sure i wont think that though hehe x

We're 8 weeks to go and at the minute, I'm looking forward to having our time back as our own! We've 6 weddings next year (that's not a typo!), the first hen is the day after I get home from honeymoon! So plenty to keep us busy!

We'd like to start a family too, we're not spring chickens, but not putting a deadline on it, if it's meant to happen, it will happen when it's meant to!

X

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

JRon - 8 weeks already it will fly in now! A family is high on our list too as we are no Spring chickens either. Me especially lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Platinum Member

Slightly off topic here but with the mention of families, has anyone had these questions totally intensified since being married, like it’s not acceptable to just be married you must now have kids asap or talk about having then as soon as you can!

Yes! As soon as we got married everyone was like ooooo children next. Yes we'd love children but please stop putting so much pressure on us and it's none of yer business when we decide to have them!

Super Senior Member

Super excited to see there's an after your married section now - loved this forum on the run up to the big day. Not long celebrated my first anniversary in sunny Tenerife but oh my gosh how quickly has this year flown in. Everyone's not actually asked about when we're starting a family but they look like they want to lol!!! xx

We're quite lucky that no one has mentioned children to us yet...but I'm sure it will come! I want to do everything immediately though - move house, start a family...need to calm down a bit I think LOL!

Platinum Member

It was such a gripe of mine as due to health issues it could be a struggle for us or not even happen if we do decide to try, which even though we were ok with it really annoyed me with people asking/assuming that we were going to be trying & some people just don’t let go lol & ask some pretty personal stuff, thankfully there have been some press coverage of this happening to others which subtly ended up on my facebook so people have stopped asking lol.

Since I last posted in this I still haven’t started tackling the spare room

Aw Joanne, I totally get you. Think some people think you just have to look at each other to get pregnant! I hated the personal stuff thought to myself I'd never ask you that so why you asking me?!?

As posted elsewhere we are now expecting at beginning of June and I know how lucky we are to have "fallen" within a year! Gives us a kick up the bum to decorate the spare room as nothing as happened since my earlier post ha!

Advertisers Jim - Scotland's Party DJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigApple View Post
    Aw Joanne, I totally get you. Think some people think you just have to look at each other to get pregnant! I hated the personal stuff thought to myself I'd never ask you that so why you asking me?!?

As posted elsewhere we are now expecting at beginning of June and I know how lucky we are to have "fallen" within a year! Gives us a kick up the bum to decorate the spare room as nothing as happened since my earlier post ha!
    Hi Hannah, I hope your pregnancy is going well.

Look what I put together for my new website (thought Robert might appreciate the left field music choice!)

Jim Moore - Scotland's Party DJ
    DJ, Vocalist, Host, Ceilidh Calling and more
    www.scotlandspartydj.com
    Facebook

Hey Jim, just noticed this post. Not got much time to read the form these days. Hope you're own wedding plans are coming along nicely.

To update you all, we had a little girl, Catherine Bessie, who was born 2 weeks early on 29th May weighing 7lbs 15oz. She's 6 weeks old today and a wee smasher. We are very lucky to have her in our lives.

Platinum Member

Congratulations, glad all went well, lovely name

Hahah, funny video!
    What about honeymoon, where did you all go?

Aww congratulations!!!

Thanks ladies. She is such a blessing. I'm already broody for another mind. Hubby says no.