Thread: Wedding ring mix up :'(

Default Wedding ring mix up :'(

Hello,
    It's been a while since I was on here as I was married on 11th July this year. I have been meaning to do a wedding report since we got back from honeymoon but I went straight into a new and quite stressful job. Anyway, something happened today and I knew this was the place to come.

When we bought our wedding bands, we went back to the shop where we got our engagement ring. We ordered the exact same ring (except his is double width and obviously a bigger size). We ordered palladium rings as we wanted the strongest metal. I popped my engagement ring into the shop today for a quick clean and ended up talking about my wedding band. It turns out my wedding band is white gold and not the same metal as my husband's. This has upset me greatly and I've left it at they'll get in touch with head office. Our receipt states palladium but their records and the hallmark (checked at another jeweler) says white gold.

I want a new ring as I want what we paid for and the same as my husband for the reasons we bought it but I don't want another ring as we said our vows with this ring. Don't think he quite understands why I am so upset so has me thinking maybe I shouldn't be. Any advice would be greatly received but also just needed to vent. :'(

Your receipt says palladium and so that's that in my book! After making such an important decision I'd want what I paid for too!
    If you paid by credit card you may could check with them what protection you have for a mistake like this.

I'd just argue the fact that your receipt clearly states palladium and stick to your guns!

I understand the emotional importance of it being the ring you exchanged on your wedding day. Why not plan to do something special on the day you pick up new ring?

We paid with a debit card, we didn't even think to use the credit card! My husband has asked what outcome I'd be happy with: a partial refund, it's not about the money; another ring, I took my vows with this one. I really don't know what I want them to do about it, I'm just upset and angry! Sorry, I don't know what I want. We had a religious ceremony and I like the idea of doing something special, maybe a blessing or something. I don't know. Thanks for taking time to read and respond though and let me know I'm not crazy to be upset! X

That's awful, that would make me so angry, and so sad. Two options: insist on a FULL refund, or a 70% refund if they plate the rings in palladium. Tell them your solicitor will be in touch if they can't sort it out to your satisfaction. It sounds as if you want to keep the rings you said your vows with, which I think would be the best outcome for me if I were in your shoes. They have shamefully overcharged you - unless your band has diamonds in it then it would have cost less than a third of a palladium ring. Try to look on the bright side though - if you get the refund and keep the ring, it's a lovely story to tell people in future

where did you get the rinrg so i know to never to go there?

Did you sort it?

The shop need to give you a full refund here . They have committed a fraud and benefited greatly from it. It's a criminal matter and the police would need to investigate if you make a complaint . Sorry to here you've had to go through this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry it's taken me so long to reply. The shop got a palladium ring made for me and even resized it as I have decided to wear it on the other hand so I can wear both rings. I think they have done all they can to rectify the matter as best they can. I have two wedding rings, who'd have thought!! My husband says it just means that it counts for double!! I guess I'll get used to it, nothing more they could have done really.

im glad it got sorted!