Thread: Are you inviting your boss?!

Default Are you inviting your boss?!

Hello, just looking for some advice. I can't decide whether to invite my boss to the wedding. I don't have a great working relationship with him and we clash a LOT but I get on really well with the head of my dept so I plan to invite her. Is it really bad if I invite her but not my line manager?

My partner doesn't think we should invite him as he knows all about the issues we have, but I do actually like him as a person and we get on well together outside of work.

Is anybody else inviting their boss, or other members of their teams? I have a few colleagues I'd like to invite during the day and a few more in the evening.

Thanks in advance

My advice is to invite who you like for whatever parts you like. I've invited my line manager all day as we have a good working relationship and have worked together for 12 years, I'm also inviting a few girls that have become good friends all day that work in different departments, and our 2 other directors at night only. I've not invited any of the team that I manage and if folk are annoyed then tough! I only want people I like to share in such an important day. Am sure your line manager will get over it! X

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Hi MrsLG
    I did not ivtite my boss simply bcs he did not invite any of us to his wedding (we weren't a close team so nobody was expecting it anyway)
    You say that you get on well outside of work with your line manager.If this is the case you should invite him as it sounds you will have a great time seeing him around.
    This is always a great dilemma as to of you want to make this step forward and strengthen the relationship with someone ( your boss in your case).I have learnt over the years it's always good to do such a think and pays off from a longer perspective

Thanks so much for giving me your views - it's great to get other perspectives. I missed out an important fact - my boss is based in London so I couldn't really give him an evening invite only. It would have to be all day or not at all. I've pretty much decided not to invite him all day but will casually mention that if he happens to be in the Scottish office at that time he's more than welcome to come in the evening x