I always find these things helpful especially in initial planning stages. We were married 28th August and we wanted everything to be local or family run businesses which for the most part we achieved: -

Ceremony Venue - Hamilton Townhouse - Registrar was lovely and put me at ease both at the initial meeting a week before hand and also before walking down the aisle

Reception Venue - Bothwell Bridge Hotel - Amazing venue, so glad we decided to go with here. Everything was done exactly as we wanted. Nothing was too much hassle. The package we had was well worth the money. Wedding Co-ordinator Steven is a miracle worker and worked tirelessly to ensure we had the day we wanted

Hair and Make-up - freelance person called Claire (can't remember surname) - did a fabulous job on myself, bridesmaid, flower girl, mother of bride and mother of groom. Going to start using her as my regular hairdresser and so is my mother in law

Dress - Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo in East Kilbride - amazing shop and the ladies are so nice and helpful. Never any pressure and first class communication. Went with a Romantic Pure dress which was simple but had a small amount of detail down one side. I also paid extra for their dressing service. Stephanie was out before 11am and steamed not only my dress but all bridal party outfits and helped us all get ready. It meant I was corseted in properly and was able to walk around confidently without feeling like I was going to pop out. Also helped when I had a nail emergency going into the car

Cars - Sovereign Select - Chryslar 300 was used for myself and my dad pre wedding and myself and my husband post wedding. Mercedes S Class was used firstly for the Groom and Best Man before collecting Bridesmaid, Flower Girl, MOB and MOG. After ceremony that car done two trips to the reception venue - once with all the children (Bridesmaid, Flower Girl and the two ring bearers/paige boys) and then a second trip with the parents. Only do one wedding a day and are happy for cars to be used as long as necessary. Turned up early but no pressure to go out - they happily waited

Cake - Special Days Cakes - was part of our wedding package but I wouldn't use again. Got the layers wrong and it wasn't noticed until after the cake cutting. Steven phoned them and got the missing layer to us within 15 minutes. Cake itself was nice but one of the layers (Lemon) dried out very quickly

Flowers - Brides 2 Bouquets - Freelance person who does silk flowers. They were absolutely stunning and I couldn't fault anything. A definite recommendation

Kilts - Kilts 4 U - had a few issues including one of the kids kilts having a big stain from a previous hire on it, groom waistcoat being original size and not altered size. Wouldn't use again

Videogrpahy/DJ - Hi Tech Entertainment - great service and great guy. Music was exactly what we wanted modern but with plenty of 80's. Everyone raved about it afterwards. As he was doing both jobs he captured some of the evening dancing as a bonus for us. A definite recommendation

Photography - Encore Photography - fabulous company and very professional. Captured all photos we wanted. A definite recommendation

Bridesmaid Dress - JD Williams - elegant looking for a 12 year old and can be used again as a party dress which was what I wanted

Flower Girl Dress - BHS - great dress that could be used again

Rings - mine was from a local jeweller where we bought the engagement ring from as mine had to be custom made due to the shape of engagement ring. Husbands was from I Do Wedding Rings, an OK company but quality maybe not to expectations

Invitations - from Swizzle Matlow website and then jazzed up a bit

Favours - retro sweets (double lollies, drumsticks, black jacks, fruit salads, fizzers, parma violets etc) Bought the bags from Amazon and then the sweets from various retailers then made up myself

Can't think of anything else but if anyone would like any particular information then please get in touch. We had a fantastic day and everything ran smooth as clockwork.

Good luck to everyone planning their wedding at the moment

Shona xx