Thread: No wedding list causing stress

Default No wedding list causing stress

Hi 🙋
    We decided not to have a wedding list as we live in a rented furnished property and will be for who knows how long. Didn't really want to be putting things in storage not knowing how long for. Now I've just had my hen night and had people asking why we don't have one and saying how its so easy when an invitation comes in with the list information. My fiance hates the idea of having one, but now I feel like making a small one somewhere just so can have an answer when people ask. The weddings less than 5 weeks away now, really didn't think I'd be worrying about thus stuff at this point. Feel like I needed to get this out in the only place I feel like people might understand.

Platinum Member

We had a few people ask & i was totally honest in that I dont like them , if people want to get us something then they can choose, whatever we got would be appreciated. Dont feel you have to have one just to make someones choosing a bit easier, i would say your too close now to worrying about those things so leave it up to the person

I agree with joannemc, I don't like then personally, so we're not having one. Any gift will be graciously received and appreciated! Don't worry about it! X

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Thank you both, people are so opinionated with weddings that you sometimes feel you're the only one who thinks the way you do! 😊

Platinum Member

That are that!! There was times I thought am I really the only sane one lol

And they say brides go mad?! 😅

I'm not a big fan either - seems kinda rude 'demanding' presents. But family members kept asking so we made a small one. Haven't included the info in any invites and have only told people who asked. Hopefully this means people will be comfortable using the list if they want or getting us something else.

We had an immediate family only wedding but we still got asked what we wanted/needed from loads of others. I usually just said we don't need a thing as we have our house. We ended up getting mostly money and gift cards but we did get a few old school gifts- cutlery sets/mugs etc. I'd say if you need certain things for your house it can be more helpful for people to know what to buy. The risk of not having one is you end up with lots of things you don't need or like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did not have one and ended up with about 7 different boxes of crystal glasses.

I like the weddings where they ask for people to donate to charity as people tend to give very generously and I feel it really must make a difference to what ever cause the bride and groom want to support.

My future MIL has suggested having a wedding list of experiences for our honeymoon. That way people can buy us a "memory".

I don't know what your feelings on this sort of idea is or what sort of honeymoon you are having but it seems to be the right option for us. Just thought I would suggest it.

Good luck with everything and hope you get it all sorted.

Thanks for all your suggestions 😊 We don't actually have a honeymoon booked so when being quizzed said we'd most likely put any gifts of money towards having a small one. Really like the charity idea, but found it hard to choose. Think often people who do that have been personally affected and its a simple choice, we're extremely lucky in that regard.
    Its four weeks today so I'm going to continue as I was, but feeling better about it 😊