Thread: Post Wedding supplier reviews

Default Post Wedding supplier reviews

I found other brides' honest reviews and advice helpful so hope I can do the same.

Venue: Broomhall Castle- we had the castle for two nights which was great. We decorated the place ourselves and it looked amazing. The rooms are all nice but some areas do require a bit of TLC (only if you inspect the place!). I'd read previous reviews saying how friendly staff were at Broomhall but we didn't find this unfortunately. A wee bit moody and there was a lack of communication. Example- I paid for videographers to have a meal and they had to convince the staff that this was true. We ordered in canapés and Broomhall only put out half despite my brother asking for more. I was left with 200 mini cupcakes the morning after our wedding! A few things that we'd gone over in last meeting clearly hadn't been registered by the manager. Still a lovely venue though- my advice is be very specific and double check everything.

Hair stylist: Shona Lewis- AMAZING! Would never get my hair done by anyone else ever again!

Make up: Jules Smith from Evimeria. Perfect make up all day. Which I was thankful for because she arrived and left quite early.

Piper: Murray Macleod. Very reasonably priced. Really friendly guy but he disappeared when he was meant to pipe us out of ceremony which was a bit of an anticlimax.

Canapés: Heavenly bakes n cakes - very tasty but as previously said, venue messed this up.

Band: The Little Red Wedding band. These guys are super! Male and female singers. Great songs. They had 45 minutes break instead of 30 minutes but this might be because best man hadn't paid them at the start so they were chasing it up.

Photographer: Karl Double - nice guy and the standard of photos is good but probably not the one for us. He was recommended by venue. His style is quite cheesy and posed whereas we wanted natural, romantic, artistic shots. This is our fault for not researching properly. I am also a bit disappointed in the number of guest photos. None of guests arriving and very few of guests mingling which we specifically asked for. I had a list which included bride with friends and he didn't take any shots of me with friends...

Videographer: Mark Harrison weddingslive- Friendly guy. Highlights look good. I hope he has footage of guests. He did follow photographer around though....

Cake: Good old M & S caje of cheese. Great talking point and looked and tasted fab. We ordered the larger one. Totally unnecessary as loads left over.

Flowers: Trudi Todd Flowers. Wow! We had a rustic theme and she did such a beautiful job of designing the flowers. My sister, who is hard to please, is still going on about them!

Dress: Amilou bridal in Stirling. Doreen and her daughters are lovely. The shop is new, clean and has a catwalk. No pressure to buy but really helpful offering ideas. Doreen will tell you the truth!

Kilts: Mccalls. No problems with kilts except husband had to borrow a shirt from his brother because they gave him a massive size. His fault for not trying it on as I instructed!

If someone can tell me how to upload photos I will share!

Thanks for this! Broomhall castle was one venue we had to choose between when we were looking at the start, and I'm sort of glad now we didn't pick it! I agree in that the place is gorgeous! But it was actually the staff that put us off it, one of the main guys that showed us around was so arrogant it put me right off.

To add a picture to your post just click on the wee icon that looks like a picture and it comes up 'insert image "

Thank you so much Mary Mary for your lovely words - you were a pleasure to help , such a happy bride and always loved a little chat with you. Can't wait to see pictures