Thread: CHEESE, glorious cheese

Default CHEESE, glorious cheese

Hi ladies. I am having a desert buffet table with a selection of puddings and quite fancy a cheese cake too. Does anyone know where I can buy full wheels of cheese? There are lots of internet companies but I'd love to hear recommendations. (I might speak to the supermarkets but my fiancÚ is a bit of a cheese snob and does not rate their cheeses). x

This sounds like a fab idea! I recommend Provender Brown in Perth, they have a great selection and the staff are very helpful!
    Last edited by kellylovesbagels; 02-09-2015 at 10:37 PM.

I agree, they're really good in there!

I.J.Mellis in Stockbridge in Edinburgh is an amazing cheesemongers. You can smell it from a mile away! haha

Hi Dexy, that sounds fab! I'm not sure where you're based but might be a good idea to go along to a local famer's market - there is one every Saturday in Leith and Sundays in Stockbridge and there's usually a cheese guy (not sure of his official job title lol)! x

We had a cake of cheese from M & S. We got the larger one and it was far too much! Tasty though!

I second I.J. Mellis, there's a few branches in Edinburgh (Stockbridge, Morningside and Victoria Street) and the cheese is fab!

Girls - many thanks for all the super helpful responses! Clearly everyone loves cheese!

If you can find a cooler area of your venue to keep it until your guests are ready to start eating it would be a good idea to keep it there. I love them but if its a hot day they can start to look a little sad.