Thread: ...a good caterer?!

Question ...a good caterer?!

My fiance and I are getting married next year at the Linlithgow Burgh Halls. The venue is lovely; nice and bright, spacious, a blank canvas so we can decorate how we like (we're going 1920s).
    We are getting on really well with our planning. The problem we have come across is the catering. We have to get an outside caterer for our wedding breakfast. I have contacted some who either refuse to work there or charge extortionate prices for staffing and tidying up after! The venue will not let anyone from outside use their (cafe) kitchen - they will let the caterers keep food which is pre-cooked, warm in a special oven but charge caterers 50 to heat up a sauce or soup!

I'm not really sure what I'm asking - do you think we are doomed? Is there some way round this, can someone suggest anything to help us provide a lovely meal for our guests?
    I wish we had looked into this more closely before booking the venue

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Oh dear, that sounds like a difficult situation.

All I can think off is trying to find any brides on the forum who have been married there or on a wedding blog? And to keep trying different caterers until you find someone who had worked there before?

Does the venue not offer catering as they have a kitchen?

Hope you find a solution!

Hello, I'm not familiar with your venue but if you have some outdoor space, perhaps you could have a BBQ or a hog roast? x

Hi there, just wondered how you are getting on with this? What caterers have you spoken to already?

We are potentially looking at Linlithgow Burgh Halls too but obviously the catering is a large factor in this. I have seen that Food Creations locally seem to cater there - have you spoken to them at all?

We are in very early stages and looking at 2017 so a while yet but good to know what others are doing too..... :-)

I am using Regis. They are reasonable and i think if you explain to them they may be able to accommodate your venue.

I'm using Regis too and they've been very helpful - don't know if you've approached them already? It would be very awkward of your venue to have restrictions and then not give you recommendations of companies who've catered there before - I'd go back to them for more advice. Good luck!