Thread: Our Lochside wedding 6/7/15

Default Our Lochside wedding 6/7/15

We had the most amazing day and I'm so jealous of all you brides who have it all to look forward to.

We got married on a Monday so I'll start from the Saturday. I went into town with my fiancÚ to get some last minute bits and pieces. It's all the wee things that you forget about! I had to get wrapping paper for groomsmen gifts, our son shoes, my earrings. I also got my nails and tan done. We went for a meal in town and tried to let it sink in we were getting married in 2 days.

The Sunday me and my bridesmaids heading down to the venue Lochside house hotel early. We booked in for a spa package. It was bliss! A lot of people were staying the night before so by the time we had finished pampering a lot of my family were in the bar. My fiancÚ and son arrived around 6. We had booked one of the private rooms for a dinner. This was lovely as we were all together getting excited for the big day. We stayed and had cocktails then went to bed. I didn't sleep great and woke around 7.

The big day! I couldn't believe how early everything started. The make up artist and hair dresser arrived at 8 and went to work on me and my girls. We had a big room for us all to get ready in which was lovely. The hotel brought us all up breakfast so there was no risk of bumping into hubby to be. I thought the morning would drag in but I was so wrong. The girls all gave me lovely presents and made me cry. I had given them theirs the week before. I sent my maid of honour down with h2b's gift - a citizen watch I knew he'd love. He gave her a beautiful pandora charm for me called 'first dance'. My bridesmaids had bought together a playlist for us to listen to while we got ready. We could see guests arriving from the window which made me soooo excited. Before I knew it we were getting me in my dress. My dad arrived and we had a lovely wee moment before walking downstairs. This was also the first time I seen my son in his suit. He stole the show!! Haha.
    Then it was time to walk down the isle. I kept tripping over my dress and had to eventually pick it up at the front (top tip - actually practice walking a good but in your dress when it's being altered). I walked in and just smiled and giggled at seeking everyone. Then I arrived at my h2b. The service was my favourite part. We had a humanist ceremony and it was so personal. We had written our own vows which had everyone laughing and crying. My mum and father in law did our readings and we exchanged our rings. It was photos time. By this point I just really wanted to chat to everyone but as the bride and groom you have things you have to do. Our photographer was great and didn't take up too much time. We got all the photos just in time before it rained. When we went in for dinner I got a lovely surprise when my dad did a speech. He is very nervous and told me from the get go he wouldn't be doing one. He was great! The meal was delicious. Everyone commented on it. Any of you Lochside brides have this to look forward to. Then it was night time. I was dreading the first dance but when it came to it me and my husband (hehe) just giggled and enjoyed our moment. I know everyone says this but it really is frightening how quickly the day goes. You have to try and take some time to pause and enjoy! I bought a Polaroid camera for the guestbook and my friend made a big frame with props for us. This worked so well! The pictures and something we will forever look back at and treasure

We had the best day! The Lochside is a fantastic venue. Pictures and Supplier report to follow

Xx

that's our slideshow! Enjoy ����

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	13436Click image for larger version. 

Views:	92 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	13437Click image for larger version. 

Views:	66 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	13438Click image for larger version. 

Views:	69 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	13439Click image for larger version. 

Views:	64 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	13440
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Suppliers!

Most if not all of the suppliers we used were from recommendations on this site. I'm just going to mention a few that I think really made a huge difference to our day.

Hair and make up - hair Laura scarff and make up Lindsay Findlay. These 2 have worked together often and make a great team. They really are wonderful. Spending the morning with these 2 was so nice and relaxing. It felt like we had all known each other for ages. I couldn't believe how beautiful they made me and my girls. They really listened to what we wanted and delivered. Nothing was too much trouble for either of them.

Rings - Timothy j sharp. I can not recommend Tim enough. He owns his own shop so he is a fraction of a price of high street. He helped us design our rings all the while making up free samples for us to make sure he got it perfect. He's a lovely guy and we both adore our rings

Flowers - first blush in wishaw. Dawn at first blush was a lot cheaper than the florists I had spoken to at wedding shows. I kept thinking there was a catch but there wasn't. Everyone commented on our flowers! They were exactly what I asked for. Dawns lovely to deal with and nothing is too much trouble

Humanist - Linda Britton. Our ceremony was my favourite part. Linda gives you the freedom to really make it your own while still giving you lots of support and advice. She keeps you right with everything and is such a calming lovely person to have around.

If I could do it all over again the thing I'd change is to not go as overboard on the small stuff as nobody really noticed and it all brings the budget up! That's my best advice to you girls. I know how easy it is to get carried away with favours and centre pieces etc etc but looking back these things didn't make one bit of difference yet cost us a lot.

Super Senior Member

Aww Staci you looked totally stunning and so happy and your wee video just makes me want to do it all again x x

You looked absolutely beautiful. Your slideshow brought a tear to my eye. Your little boy is so handsome too!

Donna x

Super Senior Platinum Member

Congratulations you both look so happy and you were stunning on the day x

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Congratulations to you both! Your slideshow was great. You looked stunning xxx

Aww loved reading your report! You looked beautiful! 7 weeks today for me!! Your report has made me very excited!! Xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone!! It was a perfect day. Still can't believe it's all over. I should also mention out photographer John Johnston, you can see his work on the slideshow. He captured the day absolutely beautifully. He caught so many moments without me even noticing he was there! Hes also very understanding and tries his best to get you back to your guests as quickly as possible. xx