Thread: Upset about wedding photos

Default Upset about wedding photos

Hey

Just got married and seen my wedding photos and I'm so upset . The photos are really nice that have been taken but my photographer missed out so many crucial shots and I don't know why. We didn't run late at all.
    There's no photo of me on my own showcasing my dress.
    There's only 1 of me and my bridesmaids! There's no photos of my bridesmaids and groomsmen together with us. There's not one single photo of me and my groom outside the wedding venue to show the castle.
    I'm losing sleep over this and can't stop crying. I know that sounds stupid but I spent so much time planning this wedding and finding a great photographer.

I know I'll never be able to redo the shots with the bridesmaids and groomsmen but, I was considering doing a photoshoot with my groom at the venue and getting shots of my dress and the two of us outside.
    Will this ruin my real wedding photos or do you think this is a good idea?

Thanks

Platinum Member

I think firstly you need to speak to your photographer to voice your upset and see what they say, they may suggest a post wedding shoot as you have mentioned. I really wanted to do a 'rock the frock' photo shoot (so I could have different hair, make up and flowers!) because we didn't really give our photographer a lot of time on the day (we just wanted to celebrate with our guests) but I was then gutted I didn't get any pics with my veil caught in the wind and the back of my dress etc. Unfortunately I put on weight on honeymoon then got pregnant and I'm not sure if my dress will ever fit me again!!!! It's my target....

I think you should see about another photo shoot, but also depending on what kind of package you went for your photographer may have the additional photos you're 'missing' as they didn't make the first 'cut'?

Platinum Member

Was it a sneak peek of a few pics or the whole lot? Did you pose for these shots? Few weeks after we got our pics I realised one day there were no shots of me & groom on the staircase at our venue so got back in touch with photographer & they had been missed off the disc so i got them send out after that.

It's not stupid at all! Get in contact with them & see if they have the rest

Don't panic! Get in touch with your photographer. They might just be showing you their best work and there are allot more photos to come. Personally I only want to show my couples around 500 photos otherwise it becomes "work" for them to sift through them all. I always try to be careful that I show a good balance of photos showing there day I know that I can disregard good photos in order to get them down to a manageable number.

Hope that rambling makes you feel better.

Stuart

I know how you feel. I'm disappointed too. I gave photographer a list of photo shots I wanted and was very specific about ones I didn't. I asked him to capture the day naturally but instead he took silly, cheesy ones. When we first looked through them, in his house, we were just excited to see photos of our special day but when we got home it was a different story! None of guests arriving, none of groom alone. None of twin flower girls! Hardly any of friends (and the few that were taken were not close friends. One couple had three photos taken yet my best friends are nowhere to be seen despite me listing them!) The photographer kept asking us to pretend to chat to each other so there are loads where we have weird mid sentence faces. I struggled choosing photos for album to the point where I'm relying on guests to send me their photos. Very disappointed seeming as he was venue recommendation. I get that professionals know their business but please listen to your paying customers!

Platinum Member

It does sound the best reason to get all dolled up again & recreate some photos! Ive saw load of people do this, mainly for weather reasons (was bad on wedding day etc, or they ran out of time but do we really need a good excuse to get the wedding dress on again? Does mean extra expense (I'd go with another photographer) but means you would no longer be disappointed & have some great pics to show, nothing you can do about the friends but least you will have ones of you both & single shots you like

Thats really disappointing If he doesn't have the shots you want I think its a great idea to go back and have another go! Speak to the photographer as he should really be doing this for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk