Thread: Mrs Forbes!

Super Senior Member

Default Mrs Forbes!

So finally after more than 2 years of being engaged i am a married lady!!
    We had the best day ever and im so jealous of you all who have it to come!

Going to do a quick supplier report then my proper one when im back to work and sat and my desk lol.

The Dress - The Bridal Boutique in Peterculter - service absolutely amazing! My dress was by Madeline Gardner

Bridesmaids - Kelsey Rose

Flowergirls & Veil - Avorio Bridal

Band - Velvet Five - the dancefloor was never empty. Amazing!

Cake - Cake Affair in Inverurie

Bridal Car - Top Class in Inverness, the car was stunning but driver was late and didnt seem bothered by this...

Day Entertainment - Paul Black - amazing!!

Extras - Dancefloor - D Events
    Dessert Bar - Fairytale Fancies in Peterhead

Stationery - Wanderlust Cards

Super Senior Member

So im back at work today.... and the report has to be done

The week of:
    Mainly spent dotting here and there for beauty appts, on the Thurs h2b and i went out for lunch then we had 4 cars packed full of favours, centrepieces etc to take to the venue.
    We had our rehearsal and even then it didnt feel real!
    But it all went well and we came home watched a film and had a takeaway - so much for the wedding diet!

On the Friday... it was the most horrible anxious day of my life. I went to get my nails done in the morning, came home and packed my bag for my husband(!!!) to take with him - he was staying the night before with all the boys in the hotel.
    And i waited, waited and waited!! Finally at about 3.30pm i thought right im going up to my mums to start the fizz! So we said our goodbyes and all the boys appeared at our house to have a beer before heading down to the hotel.
    When i got to my mums i gave her and my dad their gifts, then my aunt and uncle popped in to say good luck - then it started to get real! My dad then cooked me my last dinner as a single lady, steak and chips with some fizz! It was amazing!!
    Then my bridesmaids came round for a girly night of champagne and chatting about the wedding.
    I went to bed relatively early, about 11... i took ages to switch off though. But didnt wake until 7.30! I thought id be up at 4am!

Super Senior Member

The Big Day
    So i got up and my mum and i sat and had a cup of tea - dad was still in his bed after taking a sleeping tablet because he couldnt sleep! lol. And it was the most calming hour of the day! Then i hopped in the shower, the bridesmaids arrived at 8am and we had tea and croissiants before heading to the hairdressers at 9.
    We all got back after 10 and the make up girl was there doing my mums make up already, my dvd guy was in aswell getting all the dresses, jewellery etc - Westley at Aberdeen Wedding Film - who i couldnt recommend enough! He is amazing.
    Lunch time...

Super Senior Member

I gave my bridesmaids their gifts and they were delighted! They got a dressing gown, a glass, a mini bottle of fizz, a Tiffany bracelet, mini perfume and a clutch to use on the day. The florist then came with our bouquets - they were stunning - a mix of white and pink peonies, hydrangeas and some other 'fluffy' flowers. The photographer then arrived - Martin Leckie - again amazing!
    It was now time for my make up, so i sat for probably an hour and got all glammed! I couldnt believe the transformation after the hair and make up lol.
    So we sat for a while, drank some bucks fizz and ate some sandwhiches then it was time to get dressed!
    I absolutely loved my dress and my bridesmaids dresses! Mine was Madeline Gardner 38016 and the girls were Kelsey Rose in shell pink. I also had a cathedral length veil, swarovski earrings and a beautiful cuff from Crystal Bridal Accessories. And of course some Jimmy Choos!
    I was then all dressed and ready for some photos before leaving the house, the house was a complete mad house with myself, 3 bridesmaids, 2 flowergirls, my parents, a dvd man, a photographer and his assistant, a hair dresser to help with the flowergirls and my veil and my cousin to give a hand - but i was completely calm. I couldnt believe it, im usually such a worrier and stresser but i was completely fine!
    The cars then started arriving and we all headed to the venue 20mins away...

Super Senior Member

I thought the car journey with my dad would be the moment i'd break down, but i smiled the whole way! We spoke about what a beautiful day it was, and how everyone would be waiting - my car got lost and was 10mins late for me! - and before we knew it we'd arrived!
    We all lined up - after a quick sip of water and some deodrant lol - and we were ready to go!!
    I never thought i'd manage to walk down my aisle without a dry eye - seriously i ball at Say Yes to The Dress!! - but im told i beamed the whole way down. I honestly have never felt happier. I met eyes with a couple of my friends who were in tears but still i smiled!
    The ceremony was perfect, everything looked exactly how i wanted. All low lighting, flickering candles and flowers. At the top of the aisle i couldnt stop looking round me thinking 'this is exactly how i wanted it all to be'.
    After the ceremony we went straight for photos, a cathedral length veil and huge gusts of wind did not go well but im hoping Martin got some good shots.
    We had a quick drink of champagne in our car then headed back up to the hotel, after some more photos, i was let in to see my room all set for dinner. It was perfect. I couldnt have imagined it better. My cake was absolutely stunning! - Cake Affair in Inverurie did an amazing job.
    We then had a 20mins to mingle with our guests and have a wee drink before being seated for dinner. It's all a blur but i remember everyone being so happy and coming to give us hugs!
    When everyone was seated for dinner we were piped in, it was such an amazing feeling having our whole room standing up clapping for us - im welling up now!! - but we were so happy walking in.
    We had the speeches first - such a good idea as all the men were so nervous i'm glad they got to enjoy their dinner nerve free! They were all really good aswell, my dads wasnt as embarassing as i thought either lol.

Super Senior Member

Dinner was fab! We had a choice of Prawn & Apple Cocktail, Lentil & Ham soup or Chicken Liver Pater, then Silverside with a carmelised onion gravy, chicken stuffed with smoked cheese and a vine tomato and basil sauce (which i pinched from a bride on here so thank you!) and a mushroom and pea risotto. Dessert was a trio of white choc cheesecake, panna cotta and sticky toffee.
    So after dinner my husband and i got 5 mins to go to our room and have a wee glass of fizz as man and wife, and i got my gifts of a louis vuitton handbag and some new louboutins - spoilt!!
    I got him a TAG watch which i got his groomsmen to give him in the morning, he said he was speechless! Which was exactly what i was aiming for, id secretly been saving really hard so im so glad he liked it.

We then headed down to greet our evening guests, the room had been transformed with a white LED dancefloor put down and giant LOVE letters aswell. I also had a dessert table of sweets and cakes by Fairytale Fancies in Peterhead - amazing!

The dancefloor was full all night and i tried to dance then chat dance then chat - i think i managed....
    Our band were Velvet Five and although they've had a few line up changes they were incredible, the dancefloor never emptied.

We had the time of our lives and i cant believe all the planning has come to an end, but i love that im now married to my best friend and we still have our honeymoon next month to look forward to. So im now away online shoppping!

Im pretty sure i'll still be on the forum, its too hard to stay away, but all you Brides-To-Be you are in for the time of your lives! From the hennys to the stags to all the planning to the day itself, savour every minute, take photos of everything you can - ive photos of my favours all boxed up and my invites all ready to be posted! And when the day comes to marry your best friend you will be so excited and it will all be worth every single moment of stress, tears and laughter.

Good Luck!

Love Mrs F x

Super Senior Member

Our dessert table

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Senior Member

Super Senior Member

Wanderlust Cards did all of our stationary

Aw, it sounds, and looks, like you had the most amazing day! Am getting so excited about ours now too! Congratulations again! Xx

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Congratulations 😊 What a lovely day, and great advice. I'm at 4 months to go now and time seems to be flying by.