Thread: Timings for hair and make up

Default Timings for hair and make up

Hello
    My wedding is in August and I have 8 people to get hair done (including me) and 4 of those are also getting make up done. My ceremony is at 1pm. I've not arranged times with the hairdresser or MUA that are coming out to the venue yet but should they both arrive together or should I get the make up artist to come later than the hairdresser as she has less people? Any thoughts appreciated! Now it's closer it's all the silly wee things that I'm thinking of! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Platinum Member

I had 2 hairdressers come, 1 was for the maids 4 of them the other was for mums/grans (5 of them) this was really only blow drys

The 1 for the bridesmaids arrived about 930/10ish

The make up lady who was also doing my hair arrived 9:30, it was done on a kinda conveyor belt really, 1 got hair then ,moved onto make up etc

Our ceremony was 2pm & we were all ready hair & make up wise for 12:30, the aim was 1pm so done not too bad there. I think 9am would be a good time to arrive & get started depending on how complex the hairs are, is it only 1 hairdresser? MUA could be a little later but still about 10am I reckon

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I'd like us all to be ready with time to spare too. I will see what they say when I phone to arrange a time they should know best I suppose! X

Platinum Member

Deffo they will know best, If 1pm ceremony they’ll prob aim to have you ready for 12. Just you mind go last or second last for make up, bride to look the freshest after all lol

As a makeup artist if I had 4 makeups to have ready for 12pm I would aim to arrive for 7.30-7.45am to get my kit set up. Aim to start makeup around 8-8.15am. This allows around 45 minutes per person and time at the end to refresh all previous makeups. Hope this helps.
    Karen Bowen www.karenbowenweddingmakeup.com

Perfect, thanks! X