Thread: what if you lose too much weight?!

Default what if you lose too much weight?!

Has anyone been in the position where they lost more than two dress sizes after ordering their dress and if so could they still alter it? I ordered my dress a couple of months ago and at the time I told them I would be losing a huge amount of weight before the wedding (about 4 stone), I have achieved a pretty significant weight loss in the past and when I am in the right mind set I know I can do it but obviously to be on the safe side I was told to order my dress in my current size despite my protesting! So I'm now dieting and exercising and lost half a stone alone in the past week but now I'm thinking what if I lose too much weight and end up going down 3 dress sizes instead?! It's so important to me to look good on the big day so I'd really like to lose as much weight as I possibly can (but not to the point of looking ill!) but now I'm quite worried that I'll end up having to buy a new dress!! Xx

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

When is your wedding? If you have enough time why not call the bridal store and ask them to change the order to a smaller size. I had my dress taken in 2 sizes but if I'd thought sooner I'd have ordered the smaller size (I ordered my dress 2 years before our wedding but the order wasnt processed til about 8months before)xx

I've got just under 5 months to go and the dress is due in around July so I would presume it's already being processed just now unfortunately. My dress is quite big at the bottom so it would probably only be the bodice that needs the work and although it has a lace pattern on it I would hope it would still be salvageable! I won't have lost all my weight by the time it comes in so maybe it won't be so bad if I get some adjusting done initially then a bit more later on? Ahh nothing is ever simple! Lol x

So I got in touch with the shop and managed to reorder my dress 2 sizes smaller...I am so relieved! I have had to pay a cancellation charge for the original dress but it's not too much in the grand scheme of things and it's such a big weight off my shoulders!! Phew!! Xxx