Thread: is it a good idea to get married during 2016 olympics???

Default is it a good idea to get married during 2016 olympics???

We are just about to book our wedding at Ross Priory for 13th August 2016. We have realised that the Rio Olympics are taking place 5th -21st August so the wedding will be smack bang in the middle.

We are interested to hear anyone's thoughts on this as we are worried it might impact the day. We know that the time difference in 4 hours behind so that could be a positive and that it will be the middle of the games, therefore should not include any finals.

Anyone else got these dates or willing to offer some words of wisdom. OH desperate to book the 13th but I am flapping......help!!

Hi ZARB

Unless any of your guests are likely to be going to Rio for the Olympics, I don't see why this should have any impact on your day. If people would rather watch the Olympics than attend your wedding, I'd say they aren't worthy of being a part of your day then! I wouldn't let it put me off anyway.

You could always use the Olympics as a wee "side theme" to the day - i.e. table names or making up silly games that are Olympics related to put on the tables for ice breakers or something. Just a thought.

Hope you manage to make a decision.

E x

Hi ZARB,
    I am with Em, unless your guests are huge Olympics fans or going to Rio it shouldn't really impact on your day. If it was the World Cup and there were lots of footie fans then maybe but you should be fine.
    Em's idea about Olympic ice breakers sounds like fun x
    Loch Lomond is beautiful! Am a fellow Loch Lomond bride.
    Hope you make a decision xx

Thanks for your comments. It is such a worry trying to get it right . Just needed some reassurance .
    The other half booked it yesterday. He is fast taking charge of all things wedding and I like it!
    Booked ross priory 13th August.
    Yes Em I Like the idea of a few games going on, our friends are quite fun so think they would be up for that .
    Thanks x