Thread: Finally mrs young!

Senior Member thefuturemrsyoung's Avatar

Default Finally mrs young!

So I've got the fear tonight as it's back to work tomorrow and back to reality with a bang after just over 2 of the most amazing weeks of my life. Decided I would cheer myself up a wee bit by starting off my wedding report.

The Wedding Eve

So the wedding eve was honestly one of the most stress free days ever! We started off by heading out for a Frankie and Benny's breakfast while I put my engagement ring in for its final polish. H2B then headed off to meet some of his ushers for coffee and to practice his speech. I headed home to start organising things for going away on our minimoon. We had already taken all of our overnight bags and supplies for the wedding day upto Solsgirth on the Thursday so I was feeling at a bit of a loose end. Dad came to collect me and I had lunch with him and my mum before H2B came back and we headed off with both sets of parents to look at a house that we had been to view the week before .... Such a typical thing to do the day before your wedding lol! Came home and packed up the rest of the things that I would need for staying at mums that night including all of the bridesmaid gifts and the gifts for my parents. Things started to feel a bit surreal at this point and I suddenly morphed into this total emotional wreck ..... Couldn't explain to anyone why I was crying just felt really emotional and it had suddenly hit me that it was all actually happening the next day! H2B consoled me then we packed up the car and headed over to my mums again. We gave her and my dad their cards and gifts and they gave us a few bits and pieces they had picked up for us too. Then it was time to say goodbye to h2b who was heading off to stay at his parents house. Got all emotional again, didn't want him to leave!

Once I had finally said farewell, I headed up to the spare room, which has become known as the wedding room, lol! I took a bit of time on my own just sorting out my things for the morning, put my shoes on for walking about in the house, got my perfume out of its box, packed up my clutch bag with my lipstick etc in it. I also sorted out all of the girls things so that they were ready for when they arrived later on. Headed back downstairs and my dad took a few photos of me and my wee dog who was going off to stay at my aunts then my dad had a wee practice at lifting my veil over my face for when we were in the church. Had some dinner just me, mum and dad then they took dog off to aunties for the night. Lots of texts and Facebook messages with well wishes had started to arrive by this point. People who were flying in had text to say they had arrived etc which was quite exciting. A few neighbours also called over to drop off cards and gifts which passed the time before my girlies arrived.

Around 7.30pm my bridesmaids started to arrive and we got the prosecco flowing. There was lots of secret chatting in the kitchen so I brought their gifts - personalised dressing gowns and canvas goody bags - downstairs and hung them on the stairs so when they eventually came into the living room they were all surprised. It was so nice to watch them all opening their gifts and reading their cards. They all got a bit teary .... Common theme this that emotions were running high! Lol! I'd got them jewellery to wear the next day and personalised glasses for their prosecco as well as a little mirror and Jammie bottoms and a few other bits and pieces. My 5 year old niece who was our flowergirl was so excited and I'd also got her a bridesmaid activity book and colouring pencils which kept her busy while we were all chatting. My aunt had sent us up a big box of chocs so they got opened while the gift giving was taking place. I got a lovely gift from my girls too, a hen night guest book which they had had with them on the night of my home hen and had everyone sign a message inside. They had stuck photos of the london weekend and the hen night in and my lovely h2b had even added his own message which started the tears all over again! Such a lovely keepsake to have! They had also got me amazing blinged up converse to wear during the evening reception which I am still totally in love with!

I thought this was the present giving over until my brother arrived home with a massive gift bag from h2b! I was totally stunned as he had already bought me earrings to wear on the day and my wedding perfume. Inside was a lovely card ..... Cue more tears! And a totally fabulous Michael kors bag which was what he had been upto when he was off meeting the ushers for coffee! I was so totally shocked and overwhelmed by it all. H2bs sister and my flowergirl headed home about half past 9. My dad then brought out loads of snacks and cheese etc for me and my other 2 BMs and my brother. We had a big picnic on the living room floor and just chatted for ages. Mum and dad headed off to bed about 11, I was still getting loads of lovely messages from friends and family. Myself, BMs and bro stayed up until after 12 when it was officially my wedding day then headed off to bed. We had a bit of rearranging to do, bringing the mattress from one room into another so that me and my BMs could all sleep in the one room but we had a total giggle doing so. Got ourselves all ready for bed and then were too excited to sleep, I guess it must have been at least 1 am before we finally drifted off!

Awh loving this! Can't wait to hear more. I saw a photo from your wedding that Mike Cook had posted as he is also going to be our wedding photographer and you looked absolutely stunning! Xx

Aw thank you sazzobella! You are in great hands with Mike, he is so lovely and we had great fun with him on the day!

The Wedding Morning

So I woke up about half past 5, my BMs were still snoring away, amazingly I managed to roll over and go back to sleep for another hour! Woke up properly at half 6 and so did the girlies, all excited about getting married! We had a wee early morning 3 in a bed pre - wedding selfie! My mum then appeared at the door, she had been up and had her dressing gown and Jammie's on and was all excited then my brother appeared and she got all emotional out in the hall with him! My dad was sent off on tea and toast making duties while we ladies all started showering and getting ready for the hair and make up ladies to arrive. It was fun chatting while we were getting sorted and we all took our time, there was no rush. Headed down stairs about 8 just as my other BM and flowergirl arrived. The make up artists for the bridesmaids (Donna at Blush Beauty) wasn't far behind them and she got started on my MOH. Then our hairdresser Sadie Costello arrived. I honestly cannot recommend her highly enough, she is genius we hair and was such fun on the day and kept everyone right for getting ready on time. I had a pretty chilled morning sipping tea and Buck's Fizz while playing with my niece on her iPad and reading lots of lovely texts and messages on my phone. My uncle arrived about 9am and was put to work in the kitchen making rolls and sausage and bacon to feed us ladies. My brother appeared downstairs about then and it was nice to spend some time with him then too.

My make up artist (Lynsey Findlay) arrived about 9.30am and got started on me after she had set up in the kitchen. Lynsey was amazing, I had been fine emotions wise all morning until our photographer (mike Cook) arrived. Mike was so lovely and just blended into the crazy mad house that was going on but I got my first flutter of nerves then. Lynsey just kept me calm and relaxed the whole way through, chatting away about how my hen night had gone (she did my make up for it) and I was asking about her holiday. Mike worked away in the background getting some getting ready shots and then took some lovely detail shots of my accessories. My poor dad was kept on his toes all morning, especially when my brother was collected by one of our other ushers to head down to h2bs to get ready and then phoned to say he had forgotten his shirt! Dad and uncle to the rescue, fortunately it's only 10 mins away. By them time my make up was finished, all of my lovely BMs were dressed and ready to go, they looked amazing. Sadie started doing my hair while they were putting the finishing touches to each other. A few neighbours came to the door to hand in last minute gifts which was a bit awkward cause I couldn't really talk to them. Once my hair was all done it was dress time! My mum was still getting her make up done at this point so I asked my MOH to help me into my dress. It was nice just her and me cause I got a wee bit emotional putting it on and she totally chilled me out, made me take 5 mins etc and we just did it slowly. My other BM came in to help us put my shoes on etc then we headed back down stairs to show off to my mum. Sadie fitted my veil, then Mike, who was still at the house, said he would take some quick shots of us in the back garden. It was fun posing about with the girls and then my dad, who had been away getting ready came out. This was the first time he had seen me and he got all emotional which started us all off again too. It was a really special moment and I'm so glad that Mike was there to capture it on camera. Mike then headed off to the church and we headed back inside to put my jewellery and perfume etc on and make sure we had everything together. A wee touch up of make up and we were all done. I was glad that we were all ready a bit early because it meant that we had time to have a last wee glass of prosecco together and make sure we had everything organised, we even had time for a few more selfies!

The cars arrived promptly which caused much excitement in the street. Our cars were from NIL and we had a Daimler and a rolls Royce silver cloud. Our drivers were absolutely amazing. They came straight into the house to meet us and were giving us a lot of cheeky chat. My chief BM handed me my bouquet and my dad lowered my veil over my face which started everyone off again lol! I'm so glad the mascara was waterproof! My mum and bridesmaids headed out to their car while my dad and I waited. We had a wee quick swig from the hip flask I had bought him as a gift. The driver then came back into the house and told me what to do about my dress and getting in and out of the car. It was time to leave! Lots of neighbours had gathered in the street and were taking photos and my friend from work who couldn't make the wedding was there to wave me off too which was really nice. I got myself into the car and my dad threw a scramble for the kids the we were off!

Super Senior Member

Loving your report! looking forward to the next part!!
    There's not enough scrambles these days, loved them as a kid!x

Mrs Clark to be! NicholaPaisley's Avatar

Loving this!

Agree with the scramble... totally loved them when I was wee! Definitely be doing one x

The Ceremony

The car ride with my dad is a bit of blur now, I can remember being relived that there were no roadworks etc on the way and waving at a few people as we drove along. The car with my mum and bridesmaids in it was just in front of us and as we approached the street where the church is my driver stopped the car. This let the other car get on a bit ahead of us and because it was nice he also lowered the roof for us for the final part of the journey. As we came over the hill to the church I could see cars parked outside and the nerves hit me for the first time. I had completely forgotten about our piper up until this point when he walked out in front of the car to pipe us the rest of the way. Both my dad and I got a bit teary when we heard highland cathedral but a quick swig from the hip flask sorted that out. As we pulled upto the church I could see my mum at the door with my brother, one of my BMs and flowergirl making their way up the oath and my other 2 BMs standing at the gate waiting for me with a considerable crowd of people. It was so nice to see so many familiar faces, neighbours, family friends and evening guests had all shown up, some of the wee old ladies from the church were there too. Our photographer hopped in to get a few photos of me and dad and then it was time to get out. Again the drivers were fab at organising everyone with what to do and once my BMs had hold of my train and veil, we began the walk upto the church. There were other people lined along the path inside the church grounds too and they were all calling out to us which was really nice. We reached the door of the church and were greeted by the minister. My mum had already gone to her seat but this was the first time my brother had seen me properly and he was all emotional. The minister gave us all 5 minutes to sort ourselves up while he went to get h2b and the best man ready. My brother went to his seat and my bridesmaids got my train all sorted and veil organised and we were good to go. The minister appeared, the music started and he announced for everyone to be upstanding for the bridal party and we were off!

So many people had said to me that this is the bit that flies in and that they couldn't remember their walk down the aisle because of the nerves etc so I was determined to enjoy it. A quick squeeze of my chief BMs hand was all I needed to settle myself. My bridesmaids walked down the aisle first, I could tell that my dad was feeling it all so I was more focused on helping him keep it together! Soon it was my turn so I put a huge smile on my face and made sure I took the time to look at my guests as we walked down. I could see my BMs waiting for me at the bottom but because o the way that the church is laid out icoudknt see h2b yet. We got to the bottom of the aisle and my dad lifted my veil, I turned and saw h2b for the first time with a wee tear in his eye which choked me up a wee bit. The rest of the service all went as planned, we laughed a lot the whole way through. I got a bit choked again as we were saying the vows but it was fine. We signed the register while my friend sang "feels like home to me" and it was all just perfect. I'm looking forward to seeing the video now to relive it all.

We walked back up the aisl as husband and wife to "all you need is love" by the Beatles and then posed for a few shots outside of the church, one with my gran who wasn't fit enought it make the reception and a few with the kids who had got us horseshoes etc. everyone was congratulating us and it was so lovely, there was confetti everywhere! We made our way back down to the car while our ushers got everyone organised on the bus. Our driver popped us some champagne and the minister was out in the middle if the road stopping the traffic to let the cars pull out! We were married!

Congrats! Im loving your report! x x

Congratulations :-) Sounds like you had a perfect day - can't wait to read more. Got a wee tear in my eye at my desk, lovely xxx

Super Senior Member

Aww im tearing up at my desk aswell Gemz! Im going to be a blubbering mess on the day lol x

Quote Originally Posted by AFx View Post
    Aww im tearing up at my desk aswell Gemz! Im going to be a blubbering mess on the day lol x
    Aww I'm so worried about that AFx!! Two weeks tomorrow for me and i keep crying even trying to decide on music lol!! xx

Finally getting around to adding some more!

The Reception

The car journey to solsgirth was brilliant, it gave us both a chance to catch our breath, sip our champagne and start to take in the fact that we had just got married. It was so nice to hear about how his morning had gone and to hear how he felt when he saw me walk down the aisle. If you don't have a car journey between venues, make sure you grab some time for you and your new hubby to take it all in. We arrived at Solsgirth to be greeted by our wedding coordinator and then our photo all began. Our guests were guided inside to receive their welcome drinks while the bridal party made their way over to the gardens to begin the photos. This was one of my favourite parts of the day, laughing, sipping our pins cocktails, nibbling on our canapés and surrounded by our nearest and dearest. Our guests soon spilled out into the grounds to watch us being photographed which was really nice as we felt we didn't miss the drinks reception and they didn't miss out on seeing a part of our day. We had a chance to chat with everyone then our wedding. Ordination took us inside to make sure we were happy with the room for the meal. This was the first time that we saw our cake and I just loved it, it was truly perfect! Jenny's cakes did a very impressive job! We headed back out side to have a big group shot taken with everyone then while they were taken in to begin being seated for dinner, we went for a walk with our photographer to get some nice bride and groom shots, again the time alone was lovely!

We were piped into the dining room by our piper, John McIntosh. We cut our cake and then he said a little toast to us in Gaelic which was a lovely touch. Our meal was served and it was AMAZING! We were a bit worried because we hadn't really made "safe" choices, but it's not like us to just have soup and steak pie so we chose a meal that we really wanted to eat and just hoped for the best! Luckily our gamble paid off and everyone was raving about the food, how delicious it was and how generous the portions were. We had a Cullen skink tartlet followed by cauliflower and pancetta soup. Our main dish was loin of lamb and we had an assisted of desserts including baileys tiramisu, strawberry mouse and mint ice cream. I was absolutely stuffed, as was everyone around us.

We opted to have the speeches after the meal and I was glad that we did so, everyone was quite content to sit and listen rather than just being starving and wishing that the meal was here. My wee dad totally made me proud although he did give me a few cringes moments too. He ended his speech by quoting song lyrics which had me worried! But they turned out to be bob geldof, forever young so it was very fitting. We laughed and cried the whole way through his as he was very emotional about it all. Hubby's speech was perfect, he was really nervous at first but soon settled into it, he did forget one of the bridesmaids names during the toast ough which was hilarious! Our best mans speech was amazing! It was just hilarious from start to finish and we couldn't hAve asked for better.

After dinner, I went up to my room with my chief bm to fix my lipstick etc and to grab the bits and pieces I was going to need for the reception. Then hubby and I headed back out with our photographer for a few last couple shots. This time it was nice and quiet with no guests looking on so it was very relaxed. We then headed down towards the pavilion for our evening reception.

Evening Reception

By this time all of our evening guests had arrived and had already been ushered down to the pavilion with our day guests. We walked down with our photographer and the bridal party all got organised outside. This was a nice touch because it meant that we were announced in to start our first dance and gave us a bit of an entrance. Our band was The James Honey Band and the had learned our first dance song especially for the wedding, and it was just beautiful. I loved walking down in between the tables with everyone all clapping and cheering and then having our lovely dance joined by our parents, bridesmaids, best man and usher. Our photographer and videographer stayed for the first few dances then headed home. I went to the bathroom with 2 of my BMs and took my veil off and changed from my heels into my sparkly converse which were such a godsend because I really was able to dance the might away.

The band were brilliant. Everyone was up dancing the night away and having a great time. As a last minute impulse purchase we had booked a photo booth and I am so glad that we did. It was queued up the whole night and the photos we have from it are hilarious! I had a wee special dad and daughter dance to my girl which was lovely and my bridesmaid and friends all joined in with their dads and daughters which was lovely. The buffet I'm told was lovely and there was loads but I was too full to eat any. I also didn't have any of spay sweetie buffet or wedding cake until the next day! After the buffet, the band surprised us. My dad had been in touch and asked them to sing forever young for us as this is the song he quoted in his speech. This isn't a song they normally do but had managed at the last minute to learn it so it was a lovely way to start off the second half of the evening. The rest of the night is a bit of a blur, we danced, we chatted, we drank, we laughed, we posed in the photo booth and then we danced some more. Our last dance was to Caledonia and everyone formed a circle round us. I can remember being in the middle and dancing round with hubby and saying to him " look at all these faces, they've all been here for us today" it was just amazing. We ended the night with Loch Lomond and the ushers picked us both up, they were slightly more careful with me that they were with hubby lol!

After the band ended, those who were travelling home on the bus began to head out and we headed up with them to wave the buses away. Then we headed inside to chill out with our lovely bridal party who were all staying over. We sat up in the library for a few hours with the night porter bringing us home extra drinks. I didn't want the night to end, but eventually started to feel a little weary so hubby and I headed off to bed. Once we got to our room though we sat on the couch for ages just cuddling and chatting about our day. It really was just perfect!

Aww congratulations! Sounds a perfect day xx