Thread: Not happy with trial

Default Not happy with trial

Hello

Looking for a bit of advice here. Yesterday myself and my mum had a makeup trial. I also had a hair trial.

I was delighted with my hair, the woman was just fantastic! She really got my style and what I wanted for the day.

My makeup on the other hand.. Ughh. I was so disappointed! The woman was pleasant enough, she hardly asked me any question, she really took her time which was great but the final look just wasn't great. I thought I looked like I'd been up three days straight! I'm now stuck what to do do :-( I love makeup, total product junkie and I know I'm good at doing my own.. Should i just do my own on the day?

The other side is I know my mum, sister and bridesmaid want their makeup done! Can I risk booking someone else without a trial? (getting a rather expensive hobby!). My mum's trial was a million times better than mine.. Albeit she did add eyeliner. I know she doesn't want that mua on the day. Help!! My mum and sister aren't great at doing their own and would want a mua. Does it seem bad that I'd book someone for them but not trust them to do my makeup?!

Any help would be much appreciated!

♥ Stressed bride! X

If you're not happy don't do it. If you are comfortable doing your own make up go for it. If your bridesmaids and Mum want it done then get it for them but if you think you could do a better job why wouldn't you? You want to look your best and feel your best on your big day.

I had this issue too and just done my own make up, I'm no professional but love makeup and I'm ver fussy about what I wear ect. I also done my mum and sister too, they actually wanted me to do it from the word go so we're happy when I cancelled the MUA. I was worried it might be a bit rushed getting everyone sorted and slotting in getting hair done but it all worked out fine. X

Thank you. I've booked in with someone else for a trial.. If that's a no go I'll definitely be doing it myself!

Platinum Member

You don't need that stress/worry on the day of if your going to like it, i can highly recommend The Aisle, I had Kylie & Angela come to the venue & they were both fab

I know exactly how you feel Stephanie, same thing happened to me! Like you I'm a total make-up fiend and was so excited about my trial but was left bitterly disappointed and in a dilemma

I finally ended up finding someone else who I will be having a trial with before the wedding and I will most definitely be telling her about my experience!!

Good luck with your new trial and I hope it'll be more like you want xx

Thank you! I'll let you know how I get on! She already seems miles better. Keep me posted on your trial :-) xx