Thread: 2015 Brides - Stressed Yet?

Default 2015 Brides - Stressed Yet?

Hello!

Our wedding is June 20th - we are sorted for the most part, just need to pay everything then finish crafting. Was just wondering how everyone else is getting on. I've had a few sleepless nights where I've just been restless thinking about everything and worrying about bits and bobs! I hope I'm not just a mad person and this happens to everyone else too haha

xx

Maybe this article will help "pinterest ruined my wedding"

Enjoy planning your wedding, but as long as you have you groom the certificate and all your friends and finally then you will have a successful and enjoyable wedding!

http://www.thefrisky.com/2012-06-27/...ding-planning/

Stuart

Platinum Member

Things you are worrying about just now won't matter on the day, things might not go to plan but again you won't care or might not even notice. It sounds mad but all that matters on that day is you get married to the person you want to. I would never have believed that but it's true

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

We were June 28th last year and at this point we had just moved into a new house, waiting on and chasing RSVPs and trying to sort favours etc while working full time lol. But I agree with joannemc...on the day you don't really care about small things. You're too excited spending the day with your brand new hubby try not to let it get to you xx

Antonia our wedding is on 20th June as well! I am currently waiting on RSVP's coming back, i love when they arrive through the post although not had any for a few days and only have about half back so far eek! We did our tasting at the hotel on Monday which was amazing! The only things i have really been worried about is daft things like which way will i wear my hair haha! xx

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

As you can see, our wedding is 1st May (3 weeks on Friday! ) and I've gone passed stressed and moved on to excited; maybe the calm before the storm! LOL We had our last meeting with the venue on Monday; the pre-order for the meals is in, the room allocations for residential guests is in with them. Our vows are with our celebrant and paperwork is done. Had my first dress fitting yesterday and it is still beautiful and feels AMAZING! I can't wait to wear it on the big day, I'm sure H2B will love it!! i'm busy crafting making the last minute favour bags, kids boxes, grooms box, bridal party gifts, tables settings, centrepieces and table plan. it's countdown to my wedding holidays (2 weeks on Friday!) and then LET THE WEDDING CRAZINESS COMMENCE! LOL I defintiely went through the stressful sleepless nights etc but you get over it! I think I got to a stage where I thought "I can only do so much, if anythign is going to go wrong, it will, so just enjoy the planning and your day" and now i'm much calmer! You can only change certain things; others you just have to accept! xxxx
    Friday 1st May 2015

Ah thanks guys! Good tips - I know I won't notice on the day but it's just the silly things - like you say how to wear your hair - and HI DATE TWIN!!

I'm really excited, it's just we have plans for every single weekend up intil then, stags, hens, weddings where we are Best mad and bridesmaids and then parties - stressss! Nevermind, after 2 glasses of prosecco on the day I will be fine!

Dress fitting isn't until the 15th May Harajuku80 - I cannot wait to try it on, haven't had it on since I bought it last October!!

xxx

Can completely relate to this post - getting married on 23 May and I get crazy neurotic about some things but completely laid back about others. I'm having a teeny tiny ceremony and meal so I've not even sent out my invites haha!

Last night I finally got to sleep at 1.30am after being in bed since 11pm and that was because I was worried my flowergirl dress will be too light compared to my gown - seriously even if it is, it doesn't matter! The night before I was still awake at 4am but I'm blaming long lies over the bank holiday weekend (and not my concern if the nude shoes will go with the coral bridesmaid dress).

Seriously cannot wait for the time where going to sleep is a pleasure rather than torture!

I have some prosecco and wine stashed in the house for a big post wedding party and I'm thinking a few glasses with dinner might be enough to ensure a safe entry to slumberland tonight.

I'm sure your day will be flawless but I strongly empathise!

I still have a little more time that all you girls (August 6th) but I feel like I am beyond disorganised and am stressing out quite a lot. I am stressing out so much I am on SWD in the middle of my office whilst trying to get some work done lol.

Prosecco is my friend!

Agree with everyone though all the things that we are stressing about now won't actually matter on the day. I love the pinterest link-it is the story of my life

We're the 29th June and I think the panic stage is about to start for me! We moved in to our new place 10 days ago, which was only planned for a few weeks, so wedding bits were put on hold while we've moved. Have only just sent out our invites so the waiting for RSVP's has started.

Had a nightmare a few weeks ago when my bridesmaid went for her 3rd fitting and the dress no longer fits her!!!! (and it's a good 2 inches too small around the waist - only the hem has been adjusted so who knows what's happened!) So, have had to get her a new dress and arrange for that to be fitted! I've not had my dress on since before xmas so not panicing thinking mine won't fit!

H2B and I completed our passport forms yesterday for honeymoon and he has been to see about Kilts at the weekend so a few things have been sorted. It's definetely all the little things that seem to have appeared from nowhere and need doing - things that won't make a difference to our day I'm sure. Doesn't stop us fretting though

We're 20th June too! I have been quite stressed and kept changing my mind about things .......ocd took over majorly 😲😜
    I just sent out invites yesterday and the stress just disappeared. Finally excited about things! My hen do is next Saturday and I can't wait 😊
    I think it's normal to worry about things as its a lot to organise. Wat venue have you chosen?

I'm 19th September - and I'm certainly heading in the stressed direction!
    Colour scheme going all to pot as can't find bridesmaid dresses in my chosen colour
    Feel I can't really do anything else til that's sorted.
    Wedding planning is not all that fun times

Fbwalker-what colours are you going for?? What dresses are you fancying? I don't know where about you are or your budget but Anne and Bobbies in bathgate were great if you want a traditional dress and were 60 cheaper than some of the other shops. I have just found a very nice dress on ASOS which is well priced and is very nice and flattering on.

I do feel your pain though! Bridesmaid dresses have been the bain of my life!

Thanks.

Saw perfect dresses in Berketex but they had every colour in store except the dark magenta I was after!
    Their colour in store compared to online are not alike at all!
    Starting to doubt the dress even exists now!

My own dress was so much easier!

fbwalker - our colour scheme has gone to pot too because of bridesmaids dresses. Was originally going to be purple and silver but now it will be purple, silver and navy as that's what colour my bridesmaids dresses are. Hopefully it will still all work together!!

Antoniastars - Ive been v stressed but we seem to have hit a planning lull...which is also stressing me as I feel I should be doing something lol!

Julie

Well I was going for a raspberry pinky/purple colour, which may now have to be fuschia. Was trying to stay away from bright pink though as my sis had that colour few years ago.

Some lovey Dessy dresses but way too pricey!

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

fbwalker I completely agree when you say your dress is so much easier! LOL I think it's because you have the final say on your dress but if one of your girls is uncomfortable you don't want to tell them they have to fit into it; well I wouldn't! LOL Althought my girls were quite good with compromising in the end! xx
    Friday 1st May 2015

I know, incredibly frustrating!

We had just got to agreeing then the store threw a spanner in the works!

Anyone else had experience with Berketex in Edinburgh?

Feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks

Hi fbwalker...I have ordered my bridesmaids dresses from Berketex in Glasgow so cant comment on Edinburgh. My wedding is september and ordered them start of feb...10 weeks on and I still havent received colour swatch to help me with sorting flowers etc, I have phoned a few times to chase it and havent got much of an answer on when it will be. Other than that im happy so far with them and love the dresses! x

Thanks for that, but not boosted my confidence in them unfortunately!

Do I just give in and buy second choice colour? Or go all out ad buy the Dessy ones?! Blows budget out of the water though!

Crumbs.
    Who'd have thought it could be this difficult!

sorry! it seems to be the supplier of the dress rather than berketex if that helps any! if you really want first choice colour then go with it! if you will look back on the pics in the future and think I wish I had then I think its worth it! I was very lucky that I went with one colour in mind and it didnt suit my sister so had no choice than to change and Im glad I did as love the alternative even more than the orignal!

If it is the dessy twist and wrap check Eliza and Ethan same dress slightly cheaper. Or through this I found dainty yard on esty, again same dress even cheaper but slightly less colours! They come from China but my dresses took less than three weeks to arrive cannot recommend them enough! Googled it before ordering and they have great feedback x